Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot forced „autolanding“ in NFZ?

AlexD1986

Reaction score
Hello at all, I‘m new to this forum but searched a lot (goole and this Forum) but couldn‘t find an answer.
If there is already a post about, please redircet me and this one can be closed.

to my question:
I‘m looking forward to buy a drone. After comparing everything, it will be the Parrot Anafi or the dji Mavic Air 2. Personally for me, I would like a French company with the privacy police more. My worries are, that the Anafi is maybe outdated? The pictures and videos still look extremly good. My need of drone is hust for hiking and other hobbies(and in springtime I will fly over gras field to look for new born deers before the farmers will mow it down).

what I read about DJI drones is, that they will make a forced autolanding, when there is a NFZ.
To be more specific: one person wrote, that he start his DJI drone at 13:53, exactly at 14:00 it made an autolanding because he was in an NFZ. He found out, that there was a temporarily NFZ for an Amercian Football Game and he was a few yards in it. He was only able to fly the drone a few meters before it landed. There was no warning, no RTH (it was on!).
I don‘t was to discuss if the pilot should have informed himself better or not. I just would like to know, if Parrot drones do the same.

Thanks a lot in advance!
And, sorry for my bad english, I don‘t want to be rude or insult someone here and hope, that you understand the questions!
Best regards
Alex

Afaik Parrot has no NFZ enforced.
Actually a couple of days ago I made a Anafi flight in an area, where non of my DJI would even have allowed me to start it!
And your example with "Temporary DJI-NFZ which will surprise you, sometimes" is often and well documented.
I followed a topic once, a pilot had :"released" his bird for a NFZ, but he wasn't aware that this was only temporary granted (24 or 72 hours).
So the one day he flew fine inside and outside the NFZ of an little airfield
The other he started fine IN the NFZ, flew outside and tried to come back just after his permit "timed out". Unlucky: he flew over water and could not find a dry spot, till the battery was empty, outside that nfz. Byebye to the bird!

Reactions: AlexD1986
Thanks for the information!
I guess the Anafi is still the money worth it, right? Even if it is an older one

Correct. The Anafi does not recognize NFZs. The problem with the Anafi is not that it is an older design, but that certain Firmware versions cause it to drop out of the sky randomly. You need to avoid any version beyond 1.6.3, although the latest, 1.6.8 may be OK so far. For your intended use it is perfect, being one of the quietest drones on the market.
No need to apologize for your English, it is as good as most native speakers!

I lost a drone recently, and still I take another anafi. Never had an issue in 107 previous flights, even though I tested the limits on some occasions. Cost benefit it's still a super drone.
For the purpose of spotting birds nests and young deers, the anafi thermal might even be better (IR view combined with regular optics), but the price goes up as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame