Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phone can't connect to controller

jimrmills

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with connecting the controller to my phone. It was working before.
Phone Android moto z play

I can connect to the drone via wifi to phone
I disconnect from WiFi and open the controller and wait for the drone to be connected to the controller, it does and works can fly without device.
When I plug in nothing happens on the device,
I have tried, Uninstall/reinstall of app, 3 different devices, different cables, various combinations of being plugged in before opening, USB debugging, rebooting phone, using a blower on the USB port

Does anyone have a way I might be able to reset the controller somehow, like a button combination, does anyone have any other ideas?

Out of curiosity,what happens when you connect phone to skycontroller only,without turning on anafi?

I read on another post something about holding "a button" down for 12 seconds to do a reset..... If I can find the post I will drop by...... Have you had a look in the user guide? (Cancel that just did a quick search an nothing about resetting the controller)

Personnally it was the cable, remote couldn't recognised the phone anymore until I found a more "samsungy" usb cable.

Reactions: KentA
Thanks for the help guys, in the end I just took it back swapped it over now it works perfectly :)

I read on another post something about holding "a button" down for 12 seconds to do a reset..... If I can find the post I will drop by...... Have you had a look in the user guide? (Cancel that just did a quick search an nothing about resetting the controller)
Thanks mate, had a good read through the manual as well but couldn't find anything.

This was my recent experience which might address your "Controller not recognized" by Freeflight6 issue. (This is a copy of email sent to Parrot support)

After exchanging the Anafi at the store, I found exactly the same problem with the new controller. Freeflight6 does not recognize it.

I have spent many hours trying to resolve this problem, and it turns out that the controller is NOT defective, but unfortunately your support was unable to provide any working solution after several attempts.

Here is the real solution, which I’m sure other customers would find helpful. (I would appreciate acknowledgement that you have received this information and passed it on to the appropriate engineering/development personnel.)

Controller not recognized by Freeflight6 issue summary and solution:
  • Controller powers on, but is not recognized by (latest) Freeflight6 software. (I don’t know what LED light codes on the controller might indicate that the controller is actually defective.)
  • Noted in Freeflight6 that drone firmware (before update) was several versions older (something like 0.8 beta), so likely controller firmware is also old.
  • Therefore, check if older version of Freeflight6 (perhaps corresponding to older firmware in drone and controller?) will recognize the controller:
  • Uninstall current Freeflight6 (6.x.x?)
  • Install old Freeflight6 (I used Freeflight6 1.04 from FreeFlight 6 1.0.0 APK Download by Parrot SA - APKMirror (using instructions for installing .apk found elsewhere on internet)
  • Connect controller and run (old) Freeflight6 1.04. Controller is now recognized, and firmware update is offered and successfully completed. (Old controller firmware version is not displayed before update is offered, so I do not know the particular version that is not compatible with the latest Freeflight6.)
  • Go to apps/play store and install offered update to Freeflight6 (6.x.x)
  • Run updated Freeflight6, controller is now recognized, (and further firmware updates are offered.)
  • Latest Freeflight6 now operates correctly with controller.
So the conclusion is:
  • Latest Freeflight6 software (6.x.x?) is apparently not compatible with some old controller firmware versions, and therefore does not recognize the controller (and is also not able to update the controller firmware.)
  • Older Freeflight6 (only 1.04 tested) software does recognize and is able to update the controller firmware.
  • Since downgrading to older Freeflight6 to update the controller (as in steps above) is not a user friendly process, the real solution is that Freeflight6 software needs to be updated to recognize and update the old controller firmware versions. (There needs to be at least one additional path in Freeflight6, where if the controller is not initially recognized, the controller communication/recognition logic reverts to the method used in older Freeflight6 versions.)
  • An alternate solution could be that the Support personnel offer a specific firmware update app or procedure that does not require Freeflight6.

Last edited:
Understood, but I bought my anafi 2 days ago and encountered the software problem as described. Maybe the post would have been better in the Anafi Update "report problems here" thread.

Understood, but I bought my anafi 2 days ago and encountered the software problem as described. Maybe the post would have been better in the Anafi Update "report problems here" thread.
Yes, maybe.
But as I read your post it reminds me of this:
... thread, because both problems seem to be caused by older Anafi/SC3 FW versions below 1.0.0.
So the problems you and the linked thread describe are not caused by the new update (02.14.2019), but by Anafis, that have pre-production FW versions, mostly 0.8.4-beta6.
What were your FW versions (Anafi, SC3) before updating?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame