Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phone will not connect

jdalbie94

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased the Anafi last night and I could not get my phone connected to the controller. I have the app downloaded and plug it in via cable and when I click connect controller it says "could not locate device" which I believe is the phone. I tried my side phone (BLU Vivo) as well as my dads (Iphone 6) and neither would connect to the controller. I was able to, however, connect to the drone via phone and app only. Any input on what may be the issue will be greatly appreciated. Also I use the Razer 2 so hopefully it will connect to that (whenever it returns from the manufacturer).

Try taking the USB C cable from the controller and plugging it into the back of the Anafi. Right into the battery charge port. This will bind the controller to the Anafi. You will see the blue light go solid when it has finished binding. Then disconnect from the Anafi and plug in a USB cable for your phone\tablet and it should work. If not try different cables. Some just are garbage and upgrading to better cables is always a good place to start.

Hello, I just purchased the Anafi last night and I could not get my phone connected to the controller. I have the app downloaded and plug it in via cable and when I click connect controller it says "could not locate device" which I believe is the phone. I tried my side phone (BLU Vivo) as well as my dads (Iphone 6) and neither would connect to the controller. I was able to, however, connect to the drone via phone and app only. Any input on what may be the issue will be greatly appreciated. Also I use the Razer 2 so hopefully it will connect to that (whenever it returns from the manufacturer).

Hey.

To be sure, its the FreeFlight 6 you've downloaded ?

You do not need to use the connect button to connect your phone to the controller, you only need to use that if Anafi will not connect to the controller automatically.

Normal procedure for an Android device will be that you turn on the Anafi, open the controller and insert the phone. Connects the supplied USB cable between the phone and the controller, making you get some green arrows in the lower right corner of the "FLY" button. If you press "FLY" you will immediately see Anafis camera.

Give a message on how the light underneath the anafi and that on the controller looks like it has been on for both for half a minute ?
Which phone / tablet you are using ?
Have you read the manual you find here:

Anafi User Manual English Version

Regards, Leif.

Try taking the USB C cable from the controller and plugging it into the back of the Anafi. Right into the battery charge port. This will bind the controller to the Anafi. You will see the blue light go solid when it has finished binding. Then disconnect from the Anafi and plug in a USB cable for your phone\tablet and it should work. If not try different cables. Some just are garbage and upgrading to better cables is always a good place to start.
Honestly did not think of this so I will try when I get home. Thanks!

Hey.

To be sure, its the FreeFlight 6 you've downloaded ?

You do not need to use the connect button to connect your phone to the controller, you only need to use that if Anafi will not connect to the controller automatically.

Normal procedure for an Android device will be that you turn on the Anafi, open the controller and insert the phone. Connects the supplied USB cable between the phone and the controller, making you get some green arrows in the lower right corner of the "FLY" button. If you press "FLY" you will immediately see Anafis camera.

Give a message on how the light underneath the anafi and that on the controller looks like it has been on for both for half a minute ?
Which phone / tablet you are using ?
Have you read the manual you find here:

Anafi User Manual English Version

Regards, Leif.
That is correct I have FreeFlight 6 downloaded. I the wireless without controller worked on my dad's Iphone6 but not on my temp phone (BLU Vivo I think) but when I get my Razer 2 back I will try with that. As far as when I plug the phone into the controller, it says something like "could not find device" when clicking the "I have the controller" option. Once I get home I will try again and see what happens. And for the manual, it came with a quick start up guide (did not work lol) and a booklet of like safety notes in about 50 different languages - did not see anything about start up/etc. But again when I get home I will try the other tidbit posted above and if that does not do the trick I will have to debug some more. This appears to be a good drone as when I test flew it with the phone, it was incredible and cannot wait to start getting some footage (bought it for a fishing trip out to Montana and as well as a progress video for a cabin we are building on my friends land)

That is correct I have FreeFlight 6 downloaded. I the wireless without controller worked on my dad's Iphone6 but not on my temp phone (BLU Vivo I think) but when I get my Razer 2 back I will try with that. As far as when I plug the phone into the controller, it says something like "could not find device" when clicking the "I have the controller" option. Once I get home I will try again and see what happens. And for the manual, it came with a quick start up guide (did not work lol) and a booklet of like safety notes in about 50 different languages - did not see anything about start up/etc. But again when I get home I will try the other tidbit posted above and if that does not do the trick I will have to debug some more. This appears to be a good drone as when I test flew it with the phone, it was incredible and cannot wait to start getting some footage (bought it for a fishing trip out to Montana and as well as a progress video for a cabin we are building on my friends land)

I just wanted to make sure you found the right APP since FreeFlight PRO cannot be used with Anafi.

The two Android phones you mention I do not know much about since we do not see them here in Europe, but after the specifications at BLU Vivo I will estimate that it will have problems running FF6. Your Razer 2, on the other hand, should not have problems with FF6.

Will just mention that it is only the USB-A connector on the controller you can use to connect to the phone. The USB-C connector can only be used to charge the controller.

When the lamp under the Anafi and the LED on the controller lights solid blue, the devices are connected. You can fly with the controller without a phone connected.

Good luck in getting connected between the different parts.

Regards, Leif.

I just wanted to make sure you found the right APP since FreeFlight PRO cannot be used with Anafi.

The two Android phones you mention I do not know much about since we do not see them here in Europe, but after the specifications at BLU Vivo I will estimate that it will have problems running FF6. Your Razer 2, on the other hand, should not have problems with FF6.

Will just mention that it is only the USB-A connector on the controller you can use to connect to the phone. The USB-C connector can only be used to charge the controller.

When the lamp under the Anafi and the LED on the controller lights solid blue, the devices are connected. You can fly with the controller without a phone connected.

Good luck in getting connected between the different parts.

Regards, Leif.
So I got it working. Like the previous person recommended that plugging the controller to the drone which I did and it works good now. just a little delay from the feed of the drone to my phone but oh well

So I got it working. Like the previous person recommended that plugging the controller to the drone which I did and it works good now. just a little delay from the feed of the drone to my phone but oh well

Congratulations, now you need to try out Anafi with the controller.

Fly safely, greeting Leif.

Congratulations, now you need to try out Anafi with the controller.

Fly safely, greeting Leif.
by chance do you know if they have replacement leg covers? like where the rubber boot is? it appears that mine is already cracked/loose somehow and I'm afraid they wont take it back at the place I purchased it from (they tell me to go to the manufacturer like they did with my phone even though it was like 3 months old)

by chance do you know if they have replacement leg covers? like where the rubber boot is? it appears that mine is already cracked/loose somehow and I'm afraid they wont take it back at the place I purchased it from (they tell me to go to the manufacturer like they did with my phone even though it was like 3 months old)
So I found it (Anafi Mechanical Kit) but does not appear for sale on the parrot website even though it is on their store.

Best landing gear protectors ever. Tight fit but once they are on they hold the legs and protect them perfectly.

Best landing gear protectors ever. Tight fit but once they are on they hold the legs and protect them perfectly.

Thanks! Do you happen to know why the Anafi Mechanical kit is only for sale in EU but not US yet? and if I order the EU one will it ship to US?

Parrot said they will have the kits in the US but it will take some time. Will the EU ship to the US I really do not know. The only way to find out is if it goes through their check out or gets rejected. ☹

Unfortunately I am not aware of what it is just for a part you are talking about, a picture would do well.

In general, I think it is a bad idea to use third-party parts on Anafi as it can cause the manufacturer to claim they are responsible for damages that the warranty normally covers.

Parrot itself provides 1 year warranty on Anafi except for the battery which is only a 1/2 year as a wear part.

But if there is such a big problem getting the warranty covered the item you buy at that place, I would personally find another place to trade my item.

So I found it (Anafi Mechanical Kit) but does not appear for sale on the parrot website even though it is on their store.

Yes Parrot has the mechanical kit here in Europe but it should not be necessary to already replace parts on Anafi if you have not flown into anything. By replacing something yourself on Anafi you also destroy Parrot's one year warranty.

Regards, Leif.

Unfortunately I am not aware of what it is just for a part you are talking about, a picture would do well.

In general, I think it is a bad idea to use third-party parts on Anafi as it can cause the manufacturer to claim they are responsible for damages that the warranty normally covers.

Parrot itself provides 1 year warranty on Anafi except for the battery which is only a 1/2 year as a wear part.

But if there is such a big problem getting the warranty covered the item you buy at that place, I would personally find another place to trade my item.

Yes Parrot has the mechanical kit here in Europe but it should not be necessary to already replace parts on Anafi if you have not flown into anything. By replacing something yourself on Anafi you also destroy Parrot's one year warranty.

Regards, Leif.

Hopefully these help. The bottom frame is separating from the top and in the last picture (my hand is on the left side of photo) there is a small crack forming from it being separated. I saw similar pictures of this happening and since I cannot bring it to my original store I was just trying to find a new leg somewhere (sad that parrot only ships in EU for now) so I can fly this again without the risk of breaking it. Those leg protectors that Agustine posted seem like they would do the trick of keeping it secure for now until I can locate a new foot piece or Parrot finally sells them in the US. The store I bought it from is probably the last place I am going to by stuff from again seeing how this is the second item I purchased from them and had issues getting fixed. Like I stated before about my phone, I brought it to them with the hopes of a 1 for 1 swap due to it being a device issue and not induced by myself and they knew that but said I had to go through the manufacturer.

Attachments

• IMG_20190328_080545.jpg
    IMG_20190328_080545.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190328_080550.jpg
    IMG_20190328_080550.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190328_080556.jpg
    IMG_20190328_080556.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 12
Parrot said they will have the kits in the US but it will take some time. Will the EU ship to the US I really do not know. The only way to find out is if it goes through their check out or gets rejected. ☹
Sounds good. Also, when I try to order those leg protectors I proceed to checkout and get "something went wrong with the page" errors so not too sure what's up with that.

There could be a problem on the site for check out. Did you create a account? If so and still having a problem give Johnny a email as he is pretty good at returning them. When he first got his Anafi he does a lot of trail riding with his trail bike and uses the Anafi in follow me mode. He has crashed several times and the leg protectors have saved his from coming apart. His first crash one of the legs looked like yours so he made the protectors up the next day. Never had a problem since. I say they are a must have. First thing I did when I got my replacement Anafi was add them. Those feet come apart just from a hard landing, does not need to be a crash to have that problem. Poor design on Parrots part.

Hopefully these help. The bottom frame is separating from the top and in the last picture (my hand is on the left side of photo) there is a small crack forming from it being separated. I saw similar pictures of this happening and since I cannot bring it to my original store I was just trying to find a new leg somewhere (sad that parrot only ships in EU for now) so I can fly this again without the risk of breaking it. Those leg protectors that Agustine posted seem like they would do the trick of keeping it secure for now until I can locate a new foot piece or Parrot finally sells them in the US. The store I bought it from is probably the last place I am going to by stuff from again seeing how this is the second item I purchased from them and had issues getting fixed. Like I stated before about my phone, I brought it to them with the hopes of a 1 for 1 swap due to it being a device issue and not induced by myself and they knew that but said I had to go through the manufacturer.

Your Anafi has flown into something hard with that leg that would not move by impac.

I would cut some strips out of some ducktape and wrap it tightly around instead. You can also use some self-vulcanizing tape. Just be sure to keep the place tightly when wrapping the tape around.

Good luck, Leif.

Your Anafi has flown into something hard with that leg that would not move by impac.

I would cut some strips out of some ducktape and wrap it tightly around instead. You can also use some self-vulcanizing tape. Just be sure to keep the place tightly when wrapping the tape around.

Good luck, Leif.

There are many posts on Parrot facebook group from people complaining the feet just separate without hitting anything. Most can just snap it back in but some find the piece that snaps in broken and will not hold. There are now hundreds of Anafis flying around with the DirtyJ leg protectors and they are best solution to a weak part on the Anafi.

There are many posts on Parrot facebook group from people complaining the feet just separate without hitting anything. Most can just snap it back in but some find the piece that snaps in broken and will not hold. There are now hundreds of Anafis flying around with the DirtyJ leg protectors and they are best solution to a weak part on the Anafi.

What people write on FaceBook I do not know because I am not a user at the place.

But the damage cannot be done with a hard landing with Anafi on 4 legs, as the damage in the plastic will then be on the underside of the leg and the "foot" will thus point away from the body and not the opposite way as it do now.

Again, If it were my Anafi, I would repair it as I described when he wanted a new leg anyway. Hanging unnecessary extra weight on Anafi will only reduce flight time and I doubt that the "shoes" in some ways reinforce the leg for a hard landing or by flying into something with the leg in front.. But what jdalbie94 will do is not something I should decide, as it is not my Anafi. :)

Regards, Leif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut