Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Power Charger

eckydrone200

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm how many pins the socket on their Power charger has and also how many pins on standard BB2 charger i.e. the one for the 2700 mAh battery. Just that my BB2 FPV pack came with the Power battery and 5 pin charger but controller came with 4 pin lead, also I have spare new 2700 mAh battery and wondering if it is still possible to get charger for this battery.

Mine has the 3350 battery and charger has 5 pins ( looks as only 3 have contacts in)

Attachments

• 97DFB3AE-13D8-4CB5-9841-4180484F44EA.jpeg
    97DFB3AE-13D8-4CB5-9841-4180484F44EA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
That's exactly the same as mine, which makes me think this is the standard Power setup, what I think has happened is they have packed this and supplied an FPV pack for the standard 2700 drone which seems to be either no longer supported or thin on the ground.

Parrots packaging area must be naff, .... for such an innovative company, they could do with some training on part control / traceability ...

Mine has the 3350 battery and charger has 5 pins ( looks as only 3 have contacts in)
Looked at your pic, it hadn't downloaded when I sent last reply and realise that your controller charger has the 5 pins which is what I need, so obviously the Power charger is ok to charge the controller with the round battery inside. I agree with you fully about their packaging control, I am a bit nervous about what I am going to get in my order from them. I am hoping the battery will be 2700 mAh to match the spare I have and a charger for same but now I have serious doubts about what is going to arrive. Looks like another week or two without a drone.

Parrots packaging area must be naff, .... for such an innovative company, they could do with some training on part control / traceability ...
Did you manage to get out with your drone today? The weather here was good today, so I would have been out for a quick practice had all been ok, looking like similar weather for tomorrow.

Sadly I didn’t, there was a couple of opportunities earlier on, but I had other things to do .
After lunch a front came in, wind got up and light rain started ?
Tomorrow’s forecast is worse.... and im working down in South Wales next week, so you will be in the air before me !

Where about you based..am guessing Yorkshire ?

I doubt if I will be flying before next weekend and even then I am having to work the weekend. I’m based slightly further north than Yorkshire, in fact the very top of UK in Shetland.

Shetland wowww, I can see the aerial footage now....
I competed in a motorcycle trial in the Pyrenees last year, met up with 2 guys from Shetland, they drove all the way down ( couple of ferries also, of course) great lads.... great drinkers !

Reactions: eckydrone200
My new fpv pack came with the 5 pin charger and 2700 battery
5 pin lead for controller also.
The pack that I sent back to Parrot came with a 4 pin charger. Also for 2700 battery

Reactions: eckydrone200
Shetland wowww, I can see the aerial footage now....
I competed in a motorcycle trial in the Pyrenees last year, met up with 2 guys from Shetland, they drove all the way down ( couple of ferries also, of course) great lads.... great drinkers !
Yeah, it's a small world, Shetland does like a drink now and again. Good biking roads up here, though I would think the Pyrenees would have the edge for both roads & scenery.

My new fpv pack came with the 5 pin charger and 2700 battery
5 pin lead for controller also.
The pack that I sent back to Parrot came with a 4 pin charger. Also for 2700 battery
Nice to see that I'm not the only one who has had this problem, the only thing is I don't know how long I am prepared to wait till I have a drone that I can actually fly. As a matter of interest, did you deal direct with Parrot or a reseller and are you based in UK? If Parrot did they take a while to resolve the issue? Thanks

Ecky, I'm in the US, and I did deal direct with Parrot. I had sent them an email inquiring about the cylindrical battery in the controller. They told me that the cylindrical battery was defective and to return the entire package.
The replacement package that I received had the older skycontroller (silver sticks, white band), 2700 battery, but it had the 5 pin charger.
Parrot took about 10 days to get a replacement to me. I had to send the old one in before they sent the new one.
I don't know about the UK, but my return went to an address in the US.

Ecky, I'm in the US, and I did deal direct with Parrot. I had sent them an email inquiring about the cylindrical battery in the controller. They told me that the cylindrical battery was defective and to return the entire package.
The replacement package that I received had the older skycontroller (silver sticks, white band), 2700 battery, but it had the 5 pin charger.
Parrot took about 10 days to get a replacement to me. I had to send the old one in before they sent the new one.
I don't know about the UK, but my return went to an address in the US.
Thanks for that info Scott, I will tell my supplier about the cylindrical battery being defective, as I wasn't too concerned about this but the last drone that I received also had the cylindrical battery and on Parrots instruction I returned it as Parrot said it was up to the retailer to remedy the situation.

Yeah, Parrot told me that the cylindrical battery caused charging issues and also range issues. Not sure about it though because I get the same range with the new one. The charging issues have disappeared though.

It's just a pity they are so inconsistent with their customer service. To be honest I don't know why they pulled the BB2 because I'm sure it could still be a top seller as it get positive reviews from owners and parts are cheap and it seems to be an easy drone to repair. It's not everyone that wants a Phantom, personally I don't think they look as agile as the BB2 and that leads me to think they may not be as much fun to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut