Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Propeller failures

I also have the problem (see picture) and will do it as Agustine described in # 18.
I tried to tear the propeller (see picture) at the pressure point, no, that does not work with greater effort, the propeller would certainly not tear at that point in flight.1.jpg

Well, it certainly would cause major problems if a fatigue crack started from the chip and was not detected in time! One of the things I learned in my career as a pilot was how to properly dress a ding in a metal propeller, and how to determine if it was legal to do so. If the ding was half that size, as I have found on several of my Anafi props over the last two years, one can file it out, taking care to get all the way to the bottom of the area and fairing it out to about three times the depth of the ding. The ding in the picture is too deep and requires the prop to be replaced, even though failure may not occur for some time. Just be glad that the prop costs about $3.50 instead of $3,500!!! :eek:

Reactions: Bruchpilot
Would not even dream of using that prop let alone filing or repairing it!

Replacement props are $20 for OEM set - just not worth risking a drone for the sake of $2.50 .

Reactions: BRC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian