Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Propeller not spinning free when powered off

novreis

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a second hand Anafi and the propellers at back should be replaced because of a small crash at a wall. It happens that one of the new propellers don't spin freely when I screw it (Anafi powered off). How worried I should be knowing that the quad has several flights apparently without issues after the damage? Which is the part is damaged? Screw? Motor? or else. Thanks

You can get a pack of replacement prop blades complete with spare screws as an accessory pack from Parrot. They are more expensive than generic copies but they are the proper props and you get new screws too. I would replace both props and screws. I think you get 12 screws and 8 props so that's plenty of screws!

Reactions: novreis
Have a close look at this prop!
Does anything look suspect?
After replacing the propeller everything seems ok but as you can see in the gif one propeller spins alone and the other (the issue) spins but drags the motor also.

Attachments

• propfin.gif
    propfin.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
You can get a pack of replacement prop blades complete with spare screws as an accessory pack from Parrot. They are more expensive than generic copies but they are the proper props and you get new screws too. I would replace both props and screws. I think you get 12 screws and 8 props so that's plenty of screws!
yes, I will order them. Meanwhile see above my gif

My question to you is this. The new props that you have used are they OEM props or are they the knock off props from China? Some of the Knock off props from China stick and do not spin freely. One solution is to sand it a bit to free it up. Not the best solution but it does work.

They are cheap enough that you should probably just take off the screw and prop that are sticking and just throw them both away when the new ones arrive. If you manually pull the props out straight before starting the motors it should work alright. Be aware that the stuck prop might be more likely to damage and be damaged if it comes into contact with anything, but if it doesn't hit anything it should work almost as well as the rest. If it was me I would fly it, but I would avoid hand launches and catches and any other close encounters until the screw and prop are replaced.

My question to you is this. The new props that you have used are they OEM props or are they the knock off props from China? Some of the Knock off props from China stick and do not spin freely. One solution is to sand it a bit to free it up. Not the best solution but it does work.
The new props I used were the spare ones that they came with the Anafi, so it seems that the screw or something gave in when he hit the wall, as the owner said. Ok, I sand it a bit so is spinning more freely. thanks

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
They are cheap enough that you should probably just take off the screw and prop that are sticking and just throw them both away when the new ones arrive. If you manually pull the props out straight before starting the motors it should work alright. Be aware that the stuck prop might be more likely to damage and be damaged if it comes into contact with anything, but if it doesn't hit anything it should work almost as well as the rest. If it was me I would fly it, but I would avoid hand launches and catches and any other close encounters until the screw and prop are replaced.
Yes, I will replace both screw and prop hoping that the motor screw thread is not damaged. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibrah99