Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quarries - North Wales

ROBANAFI

Reaction score

Nice to go somewhere new with the Anafi at the weekend. I didnt realise how deep the first quarry(Halkyn) was in the video and wish i got more footage but i took off in the wrong place. The second quarry(Loggerheads) was interesting because i've only seen it on google maps as its surrounded by trees and several fences.

On a technical point of view. Does anyone know what the video "jutter" is from 39-55? I've had it on two Anafis when recording in 4k now, but i never get it in 1080p.

Reactions: speagles2
Great footage - that first quarry is impressively deep! Love the scenery around North Wales - makes me feel homesick!

The jitter looks a bit like your Anafi is channeling its inner Bebop 2 :) - looks very much like the dreaded 'jello' effect well known to us BB2 pilots, which is caused by high frequency motor vibrations at certain motor speeds being picked up by the camera. The low-frequency wobble in the image is due to the interaction between the speed of the 'rolling shutter' of the sensor and the frequency of the vibration (aliasing). If that's the cause then it might indicate one of your motors is slightly out of balance, e.g. due to a chipped or worn prop.

..On a technical point of view. Does anyone know what the video "jutter" is from 39-55?
I don't see any jitter in the YouTube video, only a yaw left which seems to be deliberate. Could it be that you are seeing this on your computer because it will not do 4K smoothly, like mine?

it might indicate one of your motors is slightly out of balance, e.g. due to a chipped or worn prop.

Sounds plausible, i'll replace my rotors and see if that helps :)

I don't see any jitter in the YouTube video, only a yaw left which seems to be deliberate. Could it be that you are seeing this on your computer because it will not do 4K smoothly, like mine?

Even if i view the video in 1080p i still get the jitter.

It looks like motion interpolation artifacts to me. I have seen that in some of my videos that was shot in 4K with HDR. It gets really bad if you have railway tracks or a stone bridge. This is where I have noticed it.

I should mention this is only after I have run the video through my video editor that this happens. If I play the original file I do not see this happening 2110
I did some researching on it last year but basically just gave up. Way to much information for my old brain to handle ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian