Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Questions about firmware update, battery, max distance and Pix4d capture...Am i just lucky?

Mikimike

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
It is the first time I am writing on this forum even though I have been an anafi for two years.
Up to now I have used my Drone many times and almost always with Pix4dcapture.
I haven't used the drone for many months and it has firmware 1.6.8 (Skyconttoller has firmware 1.6.3).
I should now always fly via pix4dcapture and I would like to know if I should update (v. 1.7.7 for the drone and 1.7.0 for Skycontroller) or if there are incompatibilities or known problems and therefore it would be better not to update.
Until now I have never had any problems, I have always carried out flights at any height (max 150m), I have reached distances from the Drone even of 1km (no FCC, i fly in Italy) and I have often finished flights with battery around or less than 10%!!!
But now, reading here on the forum, I wonder if I have been a lot lucky or if the new firmware (and maybe even the software) have only created problems.
Thanks and sorry for my english!

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
Hello everyone,
It is the first time I am writing on this forum even though I have been an anafi for two years.
Up to now I have used my Drone many times and almost always with Pix4dcapture.
I haven't used the drone for many months and it has firmware 1.6.8 (Skyconttoller has firmware 1.6.3).
I should now always fly via pix4dcapture and I would like to know if I should update (v. 1.7.7 for the drone and 1.7.0 for Skycontroller) or if there are incompatibilities or known problems and therefore it would be better not to update.
Until now I have never had any problems, I have always carried out flights at any height (max 150m), I have reached distances from the Drone even of 1km (no FCC, i fly in Italy) and I have often finished flights with battery around or less than 10%!!!
But now, reading here on the forum, I wonder if I have been a lot lucky or if the new firmware (and maybe even the software) have only created problems.
Thanks and sorry for my english!
If you don't have any problems, I recommend that you don't upgrade, because if there are errors, you can't downgrade backwards.
10% battery is very little. So they will not have a long life.
Either try to stay above 20%, or if you have to stay in the air a lot because of work, then pay close attention to what the battery health (%) shows.

The meaning of upgrade is to mostly improve the performance of a device fixing the bugs but with Parrot need to be carefully they don't tell the cons if you update it, now with Pix4dCapture if you update the firmware the 21MP won't be able to take picture,just in 16MP what I know FW1.67 still 21MP not sure about 1.68 need to check my files and this apply for all other options to take picture with FF6
could you confirm if you get 21MP yet?

If you don't have any problems, I recommend that you don't upgrade, because if there are errors, you can't downgrade backwards.
10% battery is very little. So they will not have a long life.
Either try to stay above 20%, or if you have to stay in the air a lot because of work, then pay close attention to what the battery health (%) shows.
Is there a battery firmware update on this new version of the drone fw .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator