Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Remote ID is coming

I am not sure about that.
I hear that phone providers here in Europe already talk with politics about conditions for this scenario.
I fear, that each drone must have a sim card and 4G modem and I have to make a contract and have to pay for this like for my smartphone.

I fear that this will not stop rogue drones. Licensing does not stop rogue guns or car drivers. People who want to do bad things will build their own drones from parts, buy old ones or register them with false details.

I fear that this will not stop rogue drones. Licensing does not stop rogue guns or car drivers. People who want to do bad things will build their own drones from parts, buy old ones or register them with false details.

I agree with what you are saying about bad people do bad things and that will never stop but using that line of reasoning then we don't need drivers license, gun registries, nor license plates on our vehicles just to name a few. I also fly airplanes & helicopters. Should I do either without a passive ID system?

Accountability is a good thing for no other reason than safety but that's just my.02

I am not sure about that.
I hear that phone providers here in Europe already talk with politics about conditions for this scenario.
I fear, that each drone must have a sim card and 4G modem and I have to make a contract and have to pay for this like for my smartphone.

That is probably the future for commercial long range drones.

I fear that will happen to even smaller drones. Long range drones/flights are forbidden anyway as line of sight is one of the top rules of drone flying in most countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut