Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rth

Raju B

Reaction score
Need your help to clarify certain points.
Say takeoff from site A ,the rth is registered and the drone comes back to the point of takeoff. Next say I go to site B which is say 500 m from site A and take off from there.unfortunately there being no gps signal available and hence precise
Take off point is not registered.And then if I were you press the RTH button.will drone land at site A the last registered point or will it land somewhere else. Is it possible to delete last take off point from the drones memory. Thanks for your help

I believe it will go back to site A, even if it picks up the GPS en route. An experiment would prove this, and you could cancel RTH from site B as soon as it became obvious the drone was headed back to A. I don't know of any method to delete the last take-off point from memory.

EDIT: I was wrong, forgetting that any landing cancels RTH. As indicated below, without GPS signal at B, RTH is not available.

Last edited:
If you are talking about Bebops, the take-off location is recorded at the exact take-off moment. This includes GPS co-ordinates and altitude (no need to worry about altitude precision, as it is relative). When you press RTH the drone will return at the take-off location and it will hover about 2m above ground. Then you have to press landing button. This resets the GPS data. Assuming that during the flight you get no GPS signal RTH is not available.
In your example, at location B you cannot press RTH, it will be dimmed.
In any case there are 2 ways to reset GPS take-off location, either land at a spot or power off the drone.

Thanks for the reply. As I understand when the parrot anafi lands or when drone is powered off the precise landing is automatically cancelled.

Everything I wrote happens with a bebop 1 or 2. Maybe anafi works the same way but I never flew one to check this. You better post in the relevant topic.

The coordinates of the position where your Anafi landed last (or crashed) is kept in your device.

The way I understand it is this:

When you power up the Anafi and start it BEFORE the Anafi GPS is green you can only land Anafi, there is no RTH option.

If the Anafi has logged on to GPS and the icon is GREEN while you start, Anafi has stored the coordinates. RTH works as described in the manual

When the Anafi has logged on to GPS (green icon) and during the start the downward camera has in addition identified visually in the exact start position. It is stored and you see on your device the green exact position label.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut