Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SD Format Problems

MrMitch

Reaction score
I recently updated the App on an iPhone and it allowed me to format new MicroSD cards. I successfully formatted a new card and then shot video on a short trip. When I returned and plugged it into my MacBook, it says the card is not readable. Then, I formatted a different card (full not quick format) and it too is not readable by my computer. I never have problems reading Fat32 SD cards since I shoot a lot of images with an SLR and that's always working.

Any idea of what's happening?

Check again this thread on Anafi forum section :
SD Card Format Issue - Solved !
More likely the answers to your questions (at least it worked for me).
It seems your last discussion is about the last update and SD Card Format issue but previous advices are still available on that thread.

Last edited:
I did solve the problem by doing the following:
I formatted the card on my computer Fat32, then...
I put the card in the Anafi and did a "quick format" with the app.

That SOLVED the problem. The full format didn't work for me but the above solution did.

I recently updated the App on an iPhone and it allowed me to format new MicroSD cards. I successfully formatted a new card and then shot video on a short trip. When I returned and plugged it into my MacBook, it says the card is not readable. Then, I formatted a different card (full not quick format) and it too is not readable by my computer. I never have problems reading Fat32 SD cards since I shoot a lot of images with an SLR and that's always working.

Any idea of what's happening?
Yeah I had a similar problem with scan disks where the problem was using Fat32 or the cell phone protocol exFat. The two options use different ways to partion the file allocation table so they are incompatible with each other.

Check again this thread on Anafi forum section :
SD Card Format Issue - Solved !
More likely the answers to your questions (at least it worked for me).
It seems your last discussion is about the last update and SD Card Format issue but previous advices are still available on that thread.
After searching on the forum there is also this thread about Mac specific SD format issues :
Mac SD Format issues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame