Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sky Controller 2 & wifi connectivity

RyanS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time posting on any type of forum!

I gave myself a Bebop 2 power for xmas and have had a lot of fun using it. However I am having 2 issues that I can't seem to find a solution for on websites or via youtube:

1. My Sky Controller constantly loses wifi signal when the drone reaches circa 700m. I have put the wifi settings onto 'manual' and chosen a frequency that isn't being used by nearby wifi networks and have clear line of sight (I am at a beach that is about 2km long). I am using my iphone 7 as the screen.
  2. I cannot seem to figure out how to 'focus' my FPV glasses with my iphone 7 inside the goggles. I line up the green/red crosses but still can't seem to get focus i.e. the screen is blurry.

If anyone has any ideas that would be AMAZING!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi everyone,

First time posting on any type of forum!

I gave myself a Bebop 2 power for xmas and have had a lot of fun using it. However I am having 2 issues that I can't seem to find a solution for on websites or via youtube:

1. My Sky Controller constantly loses wifi signal when the drone reaches circa 700m. I have put the wifi settings onto 'manual' and chosen a frequency that isn't being used by nearby wifi networks and have clear line of sight (I am at a beach that is about 2km long). I am using my iphone 7 as the screen.
  2. I cannot seem to figure out how to 'focus' my FPV glasses with my iphone 7 inside the goggles. I line up the green/red crosses but still can't seem to get focus i.e. the screen is blurry.

Cheers,

Ryan
Do you have white/black glasses or new all black glasses

Most common problem is not properly pulling on rubber band to completly open/extend glasses....i Hope that thats the only problem....grab glasses with one hand,grab rubber band with other hand and really pull to open/extend glasses,start freeflight pro,go to fpv screen,use buttons on top of glasses to adjust sight,go to setting/fpv and hit calibrate to adjust lines

Thanks so much will give it a go. Any suggestions on issue 1 by any chance?

Hi, I have managed to fix the blurred FPV goggles which is great.

If anyone can help with my WiFi connectivity issues that would be amazing.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi,you dont have to open skycontroller,if you have skycontroller 2 with silver joysticks (control knobs)battery is square,if the sticks are black plastic,battery is tubular

Thanks for the reply. I do indeed have the new sc2 with a square battery.

Any other suggestions? Would it be prudent to contact parrot directly is that done via email if so does anyone have the correct email address?

Greeting Gentlemen, I have the black control knobs are you guys saying it's defective because I get 500 meters and loose video and it goes into RTH every time.

Greeting Gentlemen, I have the black control knobs are you guys saying it's defective because I get 500 meters and loose video and it goes into RTH every time.
No,Helixable has defectiv battery .....your low range problem has to do with bebop gettinghit by interferance

the defective one loose charge very quickly and has low reach of 500 to 700 meter
Mine was doing the same as you described and was defective

Hi everyone,
:

Cheers,

Ryan

Do you have it in Airplane Mode? If not then this will increase the range by quite a bit.

Maybe it's not defective I was at a nature preserve last we in Plano, TX and I flew the Bebop further then I ever have, 1000 meters before the video got choppy. I'm looking around for new places to fly around my area. Will try the FPV goggles next.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K