Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 2 issue

Dereklaurence

Reaction score
Hi all.
mom at a loss what to do and hope someone here can help.
ive had my bebop 2 for a bit over a year now. Love it but have always been frustrated by the range only using it with FreeFlight proon my iPhone.
I found someone locally selling a Skycontroller 2. Went along, checked it out, all seemed ok.
Managed to get it linked up last weekend and had a couple flights. What a difference!
This is where the problem occurred.
I had a freak crash; one of my rotor blades disintegrated as I was coming into land. Luckily I was only 6/8 feet high but still a crash none the less.
took everything home, luckily I had a spare rotor, replaced it.
couple days later I go to go out again. I’d had the Skycontroller plugged into charge, green led showed so I presume charged. But when I press the on/off button I get nothing now.
1: I’m unsure if the controller has done an update and this has posed problems
2: has the drone crashing caused a problem
3: help! I can’t reset or do anything really as I can’t get it to switch on. But it was definitely working prior to crash.
Any help at all will be gratefully received. I’m not a rich man so can’t just go and buy another Skycontroller and can’t go back to seller as it was working when I took it off his hands.

Hi all.
mom at a loss what to do and hope someone here can help.
ive had my bebop 2 for a bit over a year now. Love it but have always been frustrated by the range only using it with FreeFlight proon my iPhone.
I found someone locally selling a Skycontroller 2. Went along, checked it out, all seemed ok.
Managed to get it linked up last weekend and had a couple flights. What a difference!
This is where the problem occurred.
I had a freak crash; one of my rotor blades disintegrated as I was coming into land. Luckily I was only 6/8 feet high but still a crash none the less.
took everything home, luckily I had a spare rotor, replaced it.
couple days later I go to go out again. I’d had the Skycontroller plugged into charge, green led showed so I presume charged. But when I press the on/off button I get nothing now.
1: I’m unsure if the controller has done an update and this has posed problems
2: has the drone crashing caused a problem
3: help! I can’t reset or do anything really as I can’t get it to switch on. But it was definitely working prior to crash.
Any help at all will be gratefully received. I’m not a rich man so can’t just go and buy another Skycontroller and can’t go back to seller as it was working when I took it off his hands.
i would say bad battery in skycontroller...plug in charger ,wait 20 minutes and try to turn on with charger still hooked up,see if its gonna blink when you press on/off button....
btw,sticks on skycontroller 2,are they metalic or plastic

i would say bad battery in skycontroller...plug in charger ,wait 20 minutes and try to turn on with charger still hooked up,see if its gonna blink when you press on/off button....
btw,sticks on skycontroller 2,are they metalic or plastic
So.....plugged it into charge as you suggested (green led on) and just happened to hit on/off. It came on! Started flashing red. Left it a minute and turned it off. Tried to repeat, won’t come on. I noticed a flicker on the green led when I moved the charger. Loose connection on charging port??

There is two versions of skycontroller 2
skycontroller 2 with metalic sticks
and skycontroller 2P with plastic sticks
skycontroller 2P uses different battery known to go bad after 1-2 years,good news,you can get batterys for 20 bucks.
Now skycontroller 2 batteryin version 1(metal stick)can go much longer ,it doesnt go bad that easily but it is difficult to find anywhere and it is expansive....

Reactions: Dereklaurence
So.....plugged it into charge as you suggested (green led on) and just happened to hit on/off. It came on! Started flashing red. Left it a minute and turned it off. Tried to repeat, won’t come on. I noticed a flicker on the green led when I moved the charger. Loose connection on charging port??
Play with it,could be loose port,let it charge if it still doesnt work after an hour hook up skycontroller to charger ,turn on skycontroller on and try to charge it that way...it looks like the battery is dead empty,you might be able to get it to work if you get some charge in it

Reactions: Dereklaurence
Play with it,could be loose port,let it charge if it still doesnt work after an hour hook up skycontroller to charger ,turn on skycontroller on and try to charge it that way...it looks like the battery is dead empty,you might be able to get it to work if you get some charge in it
Thanks for all your help so far. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante