Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SkyController 2 will not update!

Dave Phantom

Reaction score
I Installed the latest of FreeFlight Pro v5.2.7 (3/10/19) but messed up DISCO Controller firmware. Uninstalled and replaced with Earlier Version 5.2.6 (23/9/19 from apkmonk.com). Still no luck, uninstalled this version and found remaining 'remnants' of the FreeFlight Pro App and deleted these, cleared cache, restarted tablet etc etc. Nothing works just keep getting the same message "UPDATE REQUIRED - Your device needs to be updated". Been trying everything possible through internet searches for the past two days - nothing works, tablet, drone and controller batteries completely drained with trying. Am I left with an expensive door wedge? Any help would be really appreciated.

What happens when you hit update button also can you post here step by step,how you do it

Last edited:
When I start the FreeFlight Pro App I don't have the chance to do anything. When I updated the App (not a clue why I updated) it had 2 updates required - it updated the DISCO OK and started to update the Device then just keep on getting the message:
"UPDATE REQUIRED - Your device needs to be updated".
I'm really stuck now - the Controller firmware is not compatible with the DISCO. The screen just locks, and can't get out of this message. I have the FreeFlight Pro App on my phone so going to update the App on that and try to update the Controller via that - hope this works!

Last edited:
I took my back up skycontroller 2 out of bag last night and did update....started skycontroller2(no drone),hooked up phone,freeflight pro starts,hit Menu button in left upper corner ,scroll down and hit Check for updates,Skycontrolle 2 download and install update,hit install,in next screen there is big white circle,hit install and circle slowly turns green,once over it says Ready for update,hit Back in upper left corner and i saw again Skycontroller 2 but this time it said Update to 1.0.9v,hit that,goes back to screen with circle that slowly turns green,power button in skycontroller is flashing blue and few minutes later update is done.....
in general i wouldnt do updates with tablets,in a past my updates would stuck almost everytime and mostly with android freeflight version of Freeflight Pro....latest android version is FreeflightPro 2.5.7,latest version ios for ipad/iphones is FreeflightPro 2.5.4,latest Skycontroller 2 update is v1.0.9....
i had much more luck updating when using my ipad so if you have ios device in house,try that first

Hello Skydreamer,
Thanks for the help, good news everything works great now! Did what I planed and updated the FreeFlight on my cheap Vodafone and connected to the Controller, updated the Controller easily then swapped the phone for my Amazon tablet - magic everything working as it should, took a couple of days to work it out but it was well worth it.:):):)

Yup..everytime i used my samsung tablet to do updtes something would go wrong....eventually i strted switching from android phone to ipad,one of them would work every time....good luck

Thanks, I was sure the controller was 'bricked' and watched a video of a DISCO that was launched and just kept going, he never saw it again! Thought I'd have to find a new controller - really like my DISCO!

The only problem I have with updates is why do we need to do them? If everything worked why try to break it?! Yes there are various reasons you could use for an update, such as geofencing or bugs that weren’t originally detected, but, if your disco is perfectly happy in your envoirment, why update?
Some guys are good at upgrading their kit, rewriting software, trying out other manufactures gear which sometimes mean actually reworking the interior to get it to fit. Add ons I like, because mostly they can be removed if things get glitchy, but software is a black art which can come with its own foibles.
if it’s not broken.......

chaz

I agree entirely Chaz2b but as I said in a the previous post didn't intend to update my DISCO - old age creeping on! The FreeFlight Pro App works great now and can't see any difference at all after the update that caused all the hassle! As you say if it’s not broken.......

I was using my Disco drone, but I noticed that its battery wasn't holding up well. So, I decided to order a new battery for it. However, after installing the new battery and attempting to connect my Skycontroller to the drone, I encountered some issues. While I could see the streaming footage from the drone's camera and adjust its angle up and down, I wasn't able to control its motors. Additionally, the Disco's LED was flashing blue. I even tried using the old battery, but the problem persisted. Can anyone offer any assistance with this issue?

I was using my Disco drone, but I noticed that its battery wasn't holding up well. So, I decided to order a new battery for it. However, after installing the new battery and attempting to connect my Skycontroller to the drone, I encountered some issues. While I could see the streaming footage from the drone's camera and adjust its angle up and down, I wasn't able to control its motors. Additionally, the Disco's LED was flashing blue. I even tried using the old battery, but the problem persisted. Can anyone offer any assistance with this issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut