Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skycontroller 3 Tablet Mounts

Axonanafi

Reaction score
I have tried three different Tablet Mounts:
RCprogear, tablet extender mount (has aluminium tubes for the mount). This was fairly easy to fix onto the controller antenna bracket, was secure, but I did not like the balance of the controller when the tablet was fitted. It felt too front heavy and 'tippy'. It is however useful when using my phone on the controller as I do not have to take my phone out of its security case.
RCprogear, phobe tablet bracket mount aluminium alloy. This was a bit fiddly to fix onto the controller antenna bracket , but is secure and has a good balance on the controller. This is the one I have been using to date. Access to the RTH and Land/Take off buttons is reasonable.
Parrot Anafi tablet mount. I got this as I thought that it would be nice to have a Parrot branded device. The mount is easy to fit onto the body of the controller (not onto the antenna bracket as others are) and despite only having an elastic strap to fasten it onto the controller seems to be secure enough for my 8" Samsung tablet. The clamp for the tablet is excelent, balance is good, but access to the RTH and Land/Take off buttons is through a cut out in the mount, so care is needed.
It really is a case of "you pays your money and takes your pick".

I have tried three different Tablet Mounts:
RCprogear, tablet extender mount (has aluminium tubes for the mount). This was fairly easy to fix onto the controller antenna bracket, was secure, but I did not like the balance of the controller when the tablet was fitted. It felt too front heavy and 'tippy'. It is however useful when using my phone on the controller as I do not have to take my phone out of its security case.
RCprogear, phobe tablet bracket mount aluminium alloy. This was a bit fiddly to fix onto the controller antenna bracket , but is secure and has a good balance on the controller. This is the one I have been using to date. Access to the RTH and Land/Take off buttons is reasonable.
Parrot Anafi tablet mount. I got this as I thought that it would be nice to have a Parrot branded device. The mount is easy to fit onto the body of the controller (not onto the antenna bracket as others are) and despite only having an elastic strap to fasten it onto the controller seems to be secure enough for my 8" Samsung tablet. The clamp for the tablet is excelent, balance is good, but access to the RTH and Land/Take off buttons is through a cut out in the mount, so care is needed.
It really is a case of "you pays your money and takes your pick".
I have a 3D printer that I built to print a tablet holder. The plan was originally not mine, I just revised it.
Parrot Anafi 10" tablet holder remix by Gipsz

for DJI Spark, mavic I designed tablet holders: Spark/Mavic "GO" universal tablet holder by Gipsz
20200207_182516.jpg
20200207_182550.jpgtablet tarto1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mapusik
I have been using products (3-D printer generated) by Dirty J Designs. He offers smartphone and two tablet designs with options for a tether add on which simply slides on to your controller "neck" when opened. No screws and no marring your control surface. I have a Galaxy s9+ with Otterbox Defender case and she came just millimeters short which was solved with this device. Very secure and your controller will still fold (and turn off) when needed. The top pieces are tethered and slide onto either side of your antenna. He makes that and a couple of different tablet sizes of the same. Reasonably priced @ $14.95 and made well. The options: For the $24.95 kit, you get another piece which pressure clamps around your antenna as a base for phone/tablet AND a tether eyelet built in if you need that support. Of course, the lower pieces prevent the controller from closing without removing them. But it also includes a little piece which can be inserted in the hinge space between the controller and the lower support. Inserted one way, it will hold down the "off" button in your down time so you won't burn battery while fiddling. Turn it the other way and it inserts into the same space for storage while you're flying with no effect. Durable but very light wt. material.

I liked the smartphone pkg and wound up ordering another Tablet bracket for my larger display. The lower optional pieces work with equally with all the top brackets so no need to order more than you need.

Hope this helps! No, I don't represent the product. I just know how well it's working for me. Dirty J Designs And he has other designs for DJI, Skydio, etc.

The strap-and-hook setup looks uber-simple and quite satisfactory! Where did you find that strap?
Anyone try this mount? It’s listed for DJI gear, but it sure looks universal enough to work with a SkyController.

The strap-and-hook setup looks uber-simple and quite satisfactory! Where did you find that strap?
Anyone try this mount? It’s listed for DJI gear, but it sure looks universal enough to work with a SkyController.
These sort of mounts work but because of the weight of the tablet suspended above it.... the mount tends to snap out of the bottom of the controller.... not ideal without using a velcro step to hold tight to the controller.

Reactions: Alphaman
I have found that the mount by Dirty J Design works quite well, use it for an 8" tablet, slips right over controller antenna
I don't bother using the kicker as not needed in my case, so am able to close controller when not in use
Very simple and secure

Reactions: Metairieman55

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood