Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SKYDIO 2 with the ANAFI controller?

Was surprised to see that too ! Might as well reuse some good tech, eh ?

Reserved. Will purchase an Anafi RC too, BUT if I can pair my current Anafi RC to it....LOL...will see...the tech in this thing is amazeballs!!

Reserved. Will purchase an Anafi RC too, BUT if I can pair my current Anafi RC to it....LOL...will see...the tech in this thing is amazeballs!!
As I understand it Skydio are using Parrot Hardware but with their own proprietary protocol. Shame really as it would have been interesting to experiment with some of Skydio’s hardware with the Anafi.

Regards

Nidge.

Just to clear up some questions about the controller here is what another forum member had to say about it.

It’"s their own proprietary protocol. I spoke with Adam the CEO of Skydio tonight and ask about this and they are simply using Parrot hardware as it made no sense to developer their own.

Basically is a partnership on just the RC on hardware. Entirely their own software and protocol and they are not compatible."

Just to clear up some questions about the controller here is what another forum member had to say about it.

It’"s their own proprietary protocol. I spoke with Adam the CEO of Skydio tonight and ask about this and they are simply using Parrot hardware as it made no sense to developer their own.

Basically is a partnership on just the RC on hardware. Entirely their own software and protocol and they are not compatible."
Thanks, makes sense indeed, smart people ! Even smarter if they've included a power switch so you don't have to dismantle the whole rig if you're using an extra adapter.

Reactions: vekthor
Parrot should include in the next Anafi revision (or any other drone after the Anafi really) an place to hook a lanyard.
In some cases it´s really a must have. It gives the pilot a sense of security holding the controller + mobile device.
I am aware of third party 3d printed addons, etc, but it´s not the same as having it built in from factory.
A real power on/off switch would be nice too.

(Perhaps the only thing i miss from a DJI controller) ?

Fly safe

Thanks, makes sense indeed, smart people ! Even smarter if they've included a power switch so you don't have to dismantle the whole rig if you're using an extra adapter.

Have you test it ? with booster and without booster.
Still in testing. Antenna does both 5.8 and 2.4. Limited testing on 5.8...I don't really do distance flying, but signal was full and solid. Manually chose a frequency. Need less wind for more testing.

I have ordered some mini slide switches and will be adding one to my Anafi controller. It should be very easy to do. I will post pictures when I have it completed.

I love my Anafi but tracking is what I do so I put a deposit down on an S2. S1 was tempting but too large and expensive among other things.

I'm happy to see Parrot involved having some of the best tracking ability today IMO. I guess we'll have to wait and see how they compare; I'll report back when I get a chance to test.

I have ordered some mini slide switches and will be adding one to my Anafi controller. It should be very easy to do. I will post pictures when I have it completed.
This would be great to see! I would like to do the same thing to my RC. The design of on/off just sucks ballz.

This would be great to see! I would like to do the same thing to my RC. The design of on/off just sucks ballz.
It should be as simple as connecting a switch in line with the battery positive. I would leave the existing switch connected so that if you forget to manually turn off the controller, it will still power off when closed.

It should be as simple as connecting a switch in line with the battery positive. I would leave the existing switch connected so that if you forget to manually turn off the controller, it will still power off when closed.
Just talking with a buddy of mine, and he brought up a good point about putting in a switch straight to the battery leads....the Anafi RC goes through a shutdown procedure, so not sure how just cutting power would affect it, or if at all. He removed the switch and put in a push button switch for on off, using the existing solder pads for the switch.

Just talking with a buddy of mine, and he brought up a good point about putting in a switch straight to the battery leads....the Anafi RC goes through a shutdown procedure, so not sure how just cutting power would affect it, or if at all. He removed the switch and put in a push button switch for on off, using the existing solder pads for the switch.
That is interesting that the existing switch was normally open when turned on and closed when turned off. I still want to leave the existing switch in place, so I may have to connect across the terminals of that switch instead of interrupting the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01