Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

So i've just got myself an Electric Scooter!

ROBANAFI

Reaction score
Not quite sure why since i turn 40 soon i just thought it would be fun for the Summer. 28 mile range and a top speed of 15mph but unfortunately, for now they are not road/path legal in the UK!

Has anyone else got any experience with Electric Scooters?

So.... you are not drivin' ? Or do you drive during nighttime when no-one is around :unsure: Perhaps u should drive the scooter, your Anafi following u and than enter a NFZ. You may only get one ticket:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: ROBANAFI
Btw in cities on the mainland you see a lot of these scooters. Sure they'll be in London too. Those scooters you can hop on and of. They aren't illegal...to many people a nuisance but still legal.

Btw in cities on the mainland you see a lot of these scooters. Sure they'll be in London too. Those scooters you can hop on and of. They aren't illegal...to many people a nuisance but still legal.

I know they will be made legal in the UK soon. But hey riding a pushbike on the pavement is illegal but i don't think i've ever been arrested for it haha

I took the scooter for a test ride yesterday and it was great fun :)

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
Hard to believe that a electric scooter is illegal in the UK when everyone is crying for electric cars to help stop global warming. Must be the government still refining on how they can tax you for using it and just how much they can get you to pay. :(

I built an electric bike by adding a hub motor kit to an old mountain bike. It will go 32 mph and has a 30 mile range. In my state, it is legal to ride it anywhere you can ride a bicycle. I mostly use it for shuttle when I am kayaking the rivers by myself.ebike.jpg

I built an electric bike by adding a hub motor kit to an old mountain bike. It will go 32 mph and has a 30 mile range. In my state, it is legal to ride it anywhere you can ride a bicycle. I mostly use it for shuttle when I am kayaking the rivers by myself.View attachment 3461

That is pretty awesome! I would love to build something like this myself, i love camping but dont drive. electric is my future lol

That is pretty awesome! I would love to build something like this myself, i love camping but dont drive. electric is my future lol
Just google "electric bike hub motor conversion kit with batteries"
They have been pretty popular here in Canada for a long time now. Lots of by laws got changed like riding on sidewalks but other then that pretty much anything goes. Would like to see them enforce helmets though.

The kit was cheap, about $180 without a battery. Because of the limited space in the frame, I built my own battery to fit. It is made of (42) 26650 cells arranged as 14s 3p, 52 volts, 15Ah. battery fin.jpgbattery.jpg

Your sure that this one is still safe? Looks awesome but if I read the manual about handling and risk of the Anafi battery this seems peanuts versus your construction. But most likely you know what u are doin... ;-)

Your sure that this one is still safe? Looks awesome but if I read the manual about handling and risk of the Anafi battery this seems peanuts versus your construction. But most likely you know what u are doin... ;-)
These are Lithium Ion batteries, actually safer than the Lithium polymer ones used on most drones. This has a built in battery management board that prevents over charging or too deep discharge. The input charge current is limited to only 3 A. The batteries can put out up to 50A but my speed controller limits that to 20A. Each cell has tabs already welded on both ends so no need to solder direct to the cells. The whole thing was padded out with foam before wrapping in the heat shrink. There is additional padding inside the bag to keep it from banging against the frame.
There are some great resources online for info on building bike batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut