Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Some FPV model camera questions etc

omnius

Reaction score
I can't find any documentation that answers these questions specifically so here goes:

How can I take still photos from the built in camera on the bottom of the Mambo while I'm connected to the top mounted FPV cam? Is it even possible or do I have to remove the FPV cam to use the bottom camera? I've clicked the photo icon in the Freeflight app and clicked the photo button on my flypad and they always snap shots from the FPV camera only.

Normally all the videos and photos get saved on my phone when not using an SD card in the FPV camera accessory. If I insert an SD card in the FPV camera slot do they automatically get saved on it instead of my phone?

If the Mambo is connected to my flypad, but also my phone, how does that work as far as which device controls the flight control range?

Lastly, are there any compatible 3rd party batteries on the market that last longer than the official one?

edit: It seems by just flying with just the flypad and not my phone that I can only use the built in cam on the bottom when I remove the FPV cam from the top (I just tested flying it without my phone connected but the FPV cam still mounted, then again after removing the FPV cam) . I tested by clicking R1 on the flypad ni both cases. What I don't know is how many photos will that basic camera store internally?

Last edited:
I had no idea you could take photos from the bottom facing camera! Can you post them please?

As far as batteries. Look here.

Hi omnius,
I'll try:
- with the newer FWs since 3.0.25 it became possible to shoot photos with the FPV cam. They have a much better quality than those from the bottom cam.
- unfortunately the Mambo FPV now cannot take pictures with the bottom cam any more.
- of course you can make photos with the bottom cam with Mambo Fly & Mission.

- yes, media are stored on the SD card in the cam. After the flight you can retrieve them in Freeflight mini in the gallery to your phone.

- with Mambo FPV the connection is Wifi and this limits the flight range.

So just to clarify, even if I'm connected to the mambo with both my Flypad and the phone, I'll lose control at the limit of the phone's range instead of the Flypad's range?

I had no idea you could take photos from the bottom facing camera! Can you post them please?

As far as batteries. Look here.
I won't bother, they're awful and I deleted them. I was just curious in case I wanted top-down photos but the quality is basically useless.

I won't bother, they're awful and I deleted them. I was just curious in case I wanted top-down photos but the quality is basically useless.

Ok...that's what I suspected. Thanks for the reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame