Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

St John the Baptist Church, Berkswell, Solihull

A quick look at St John the Baptist church in the village of Berkswell, Solihull.
A very respectfully put together piece on this glorious venue! I love architecture & being able to see all the various additions to the building over the years from so close is wonderful, along with all the fine details, adornments & embellishments of it. Very nicely done. I noticed a bunch of black artefacting at points in the video, was that caused by the compression of it at export, or is it there in the capture footage?

Have you tried playing with Cameraman mode for some of your architectural features? It allows you to lock onto something, then just go mad with your point of view of that to your hearts content! You can get some amazingly professional footage of particular things this way! It's probably my favourite feature of the Anafi, especially with the ability to look upwards.

I like the way you did the video. But, for the first time I see that someone else had the same artefacts (only from 1:12 to 2:04) as I had with my first Anafi. Can you remember what did you do diferently when filming that portion of the video?

I have noticed these artifacts (I called them flecks) and mentioned them in another bread, (hundreds of little black flecks) a few days ago. I think that they tend to follow changes in light. I have raised it with Parrott. And am awaiting their response.@mrajic what happened with your first Anafi? How was it resolved?

A very respectfully put together piece on this glorious venue! I love architecture & being able to see all the various additions to the building over the years from so close is wonderful, along with all the fine details, adornments & embellishments of it. Very nicely done. I noticed a bunch of black artefacting at points in the video, was that caused by the compression of it at export, or is it there in the capture footage?

Have you tried playing with Cameraman mode for some of your architectural features? It allows you to lock onto something, then just go mad with your point of view of that to your hearts content! You can get some amazingly professional footage of particular things this way! It's probably my favourite feature of the Anafi, especially with the ability to look upwards.
Thanks for your kind comments, I haven't yet played with the cameraman mode, I'm focusing on basics first.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I have noticed these artifacts (I called them flecks) and mentioned them in another bread, (hundreds of little black flecks) a few days ago. I think that they tend to follow changes in light. I have raised it with Parrott. And am awaiting their response.@mrajic what happened with your first Anafi? How was it resolved?

I have seen the post you are talking about and the sample photos, but as I did not noticed this issue with my photos, a thought it would not be appropriate for me to comment. As you will see in the thread I started on January 10th this year (link below), I had the same thoughts as you have in regards that it has to have to do something with light, but I can not prove that. That was the reason for me asking you if you did something different when filming the portion of the video with the "flecks", because I could not find them at the beginning or at the end of your video. I ended up replacing my fist Anafi, but if you read the tread in the link below, you will find more details, including Parrots initial response.

HDR video artefacts/hatched areas

Those are exactly the same artifacts I experienced, especially in the bright clouds, also I do think hdr was on the first time I noticed them.
Then I checked every video and found them on several previous vids but a lot less visible. The above video was not hdr, and the flecks only occurred on those areas so no, nothing different was done to the rest of the video. I have just emailed parrot again, although I might try amazon for a replacement.

Parrot's reply was that it was probably interference, so I went to amazon who replaced it with no problems. The new one doesn't show any artifacts so far, but I've only had 2 flights due to weather!

Parrot's reply was that it was probably interference, so I went to amazon who replaced it with no problems. The new one doesn't show any artifacts so far, but I've only had 2 flights due to weather!

Thank you for posting how this problem was resolved. I am not sure what kind of "Interference" can exist when camera writes data, in my case, onto more than one SD card. Never heard of that issue happening on any device that has a camera, so Parrot's reply does not make any sense to me.

In that respect, I think you did the right thing by replacing your Anafi. I did the same thing, and my new one I haven't had any issues for the three flights I was able to fly it (also due to weather).

Reactions: Rifleair

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut