Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Starting to notice something funny in Follow Me Mode

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I started to notice this even before the last update so I cannot blame it on the update. What seems to be happening and this happens with both my Anafis is once the camera locks onto the subject (Me) the Anafi will start to bounce up and down in small amounts. I am not a follow me expert but the few times I did use it I never noticed this. If you look at the graph you will see the saw tooth line of it hunting for Alt. Anybody else notice this. Both Anafs have been calibrated and reset and that did not fix the issue.

Reactions: Vassilag
Hello

Yes, I have noticed it once, but never replicated again so I believed at the time to be related to a bug two firmware/app updates ago.
That time the "bouncing" was so severe, that it looked like a basketball movement, and almost hit the floor on the descent motion, but my thumb is always ready on the throttle,
even on automated modes...

Now that you mention it, I will be checking it out and testing it further. Thank you.

Fly safe

35 to 55 feet is not a small amount!!! ? I sure hope mine doesn't do this as it would be the end of any future follow me's!!

I assume you have a barometer equipped device attached. It appears Anafi is using Dynamic altitude to compensate for the height of the subject. It's making these corrections in small bumps rather than one smooth move. I believe the speed and processing power available in the device has something to do with this.

Interesting thought there bud. Yes my phone does have a barometer . I think I will try my tablet later that also has a barometer and see if it behaves the same way. I don't have a iOS device to test with till Sunday when my son comes to visit but I will also test with his phone.

I assume you have a barometer equipped device attached. It appears Anafi is using Dynamic altitude to compensate for the height of the subject. It's making these corrections in small bumps rather than one smooth move. I believe the speed and processing power available in the device has something to do with this.
Interesting thought there bud. Yes my phone does have a barometer . I think I will try my tablet later that also has a barometer and see if it behaves the same way. I don't have a iOS device to test with till Sunday when my son comes to visit but I will also test with his phone.

My old lenovo tab 3, but unfortunately it cannot be upgraded to Android 7 unless I install a 3rd party Rom which is not to easy to do on this Lenovo from what I have read. Although I have never read in the spec's that it has a barometer, when I used follow me mode it does pass all the check marks at the start.

I'll also throw this out there. if you're close to the ground vision positioning system will also bump the altitude up even if you don't have a barometer I'm not sure how you would identify between the two.

I believe the vision positioning system does not work after 9 feet and GPS takes over. I was well over 40 feet so it really should not have effected the flight.

So here is my update on using my Android Tablet (lenovo tab 3 ) which has FF6 Version 6.4.3 as it cannot be upgraded to Android 7. Using Follow Me the Anafi was perfect holding position. Not one bounce up and down like with my LG G6 Android phone that has the newer FF^ installed. So now I do not know if it is my phone causing the problem or the updated APP or both ? :rolleyes:

It is useful to know that you can use an earlier version of FF6 with a controller and Anafi that has the latest firmware installed.

No it is not recommended to use a older App version and Parrot does not support it. It does however work and the final decision is yours to make. Since Pix4D has not updated in some time now and we have had many firmware updates I believe any version App will work just fine.

Did the Forum ever get to the bottom of this problem? I don't fly my Anafi very often and wanted to bring it out golfing today. I tried Follow Me while controlling with my iPhone and it did the crazy bounce thing. I recalibrated and the same issue. I tried using my RC and again the bouncing thing happened. I have all current versions of software and firmware. Any one have any thoughts?

Thanks

I would not have thought that a case would be airtight enough to affect the pressure reading on the barometer but you could try follow me mode without the case and see if the problem is still there.

Actually, my case is a slip on, ultra slim skin so I'm thinking that taking it off isn't going to help. I really wish I knew what causes this. I have lost all confidence in Follow Me at this point and that is one of the only reasons I have kept my Anafi. :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian