Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Texas Parks & Wildlife an Drones

Recreational flying in Texas State Parks is just as restrictive.

Drones are allowed in state parks in two circumstances:
  • Two parks have designated areas for drones: Lake Whitney and San Angelo state parks.
  • For filming purposes at other parks. You must obtain a filming permit from the park.”
I’ve tried to get filming permits for personal, non-commercial shots: some dronies and orbits of our campsite for example. Been shot down (figuratively) in each attempt.

Recreational flying in Texas State Parks is just as restrictive.

Drones are allowed in state parks in two circumstances:
  • Two parks have designated areas for drones: Lake Whitney and San Angelo state parks.
  • For filming purposes at other parks. You must obtain a filming permit from the park.”
I’ve tried to get filming permits for personal, non-commercial shots: some dronies and orbits of our campsite for example. Been shot down (figuratively) in each attempt.
This is sad to hear. I could understand the permit requirement, no problem there, but then they don't issue permits? Figures...
:mad:

No progress on this front at all.
We have so little public land here, and what we do have I cannot legally capture from the air. Seems like Texas Parks and Wildlife would want the good publicity that we could give them.
The nuisance factor of drones is way overblown too.
Guess I will keep trying.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: C. Mudgeon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar