Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Bebop 2 is Still a Great Drone

Gadget Inspector

Reaction score
Even though the Anafi is a serious upgrade over the Bebop 2, for those of us that can't afford one yet the BB2 is a great option. Due to the price drop, I would argue that it's the best "budget" GPS drone out there. Here's my most recent flight plan with graded footage.

Reactions: KentA
It really takes some excellent footage for the money/size.

Have you experimented with using the Bebop2 with ArduCopter firmware instead of the Parrot firmware?

I really wish someone or Parrot had some good documentation on all the options for Flight Planner and how to use them. I know there are some videos showing a few things but I like to have a PDF to read.

I really wish someone or Parrot had some good documentation on all the options for Flight Planner and how to use them. I know there are some videos showing a few things but I like to have a PDF to read.

Here's a link to the FreeFlightPro User Guide. Flight Plan instructions begin on page 59: FreeFlightPro_User-guide_EN.pdf

I also did a full walkthrough and setup tutorial on flight plans:

Ya I watched yours last week and it gave me a better understanding of how it all works. Thanks for the link to the PDF, trouble is Flight plan they have for the Anafi is missing a few Icons at the top. Not a big deal but land and take off seem to be hard coded with no options to change from what I can tell.
20180801_155819_rmscr.jpg

Ya I watched yours last week and it gave me a better understanding of how it all works. Thanks for the link to the PDF, trouble is Flight plan they have for the Anafi is missing a few Icons at the top. Not a big deal but land and take off seem to be hard coded with no options to change from what I can tell.
View attachment 62

For some reason Parrot changed how this works with their later firmware/software updates, but you can still change this. Go back to your flight plan and click on the icon at the top right that looks like two vertical lines with dots on them. That will open up the Plan Options which allows you to turn off auto-landing at the last waypoint. It will also allow you to make all of your waypoints progressive (meaning the drone will transition smoothly from waypoint to waypoint instead of stopping at each one).
IMG_8766.PNGIMG_8767.PNG

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
It seems they have not activated that part of the program or it can only be accessed when connected to the Anafi as it is grayed out when I try to open it. 20180801_161412_rmscr.jpg

Could be, I just tried it with the Anafi connected and good GPS and still nothing.

Attachments

• 20180801_164742_rmscr.jpg
    20180801_164742_rmscr.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
I have been working with a CS guy for Parrot on Facebook, letting him know of all the glitches I have been finding. So far he has been pretty good at forwarding the info to the tech guys. I sent him the pictures of it being grayed out, will have to wait to see where this goes. Lots of things I have asked for he just said yes but it is a work in progress so I take that as just sit back, have a beer and wait :)

It really takes some excellent footage for the money/size.

Have you experimented with using the Bebop2 with ArduCopter firmware instead of the Parrot firmware?
What are the advantages to using this firmware over the Free Flight Pro?

Oh..and Gadget Inspector...thanks for all your informative videos.... I've watched many of them and they're very helpful! One of the reasons I'm buying the Bebop 2 Power.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
ArduCopter is a constantly evolving/improving flight control stack, so there's that. It also makes the Bebop2 speak standard "mavlink", so you can use other GroundControlStations without issue, meaning that survey/planning/etc become both free and more capable.

Caveat: I've not done this personally, as I do not (yet?) own a Bebop2.

Oh..and Gadget Inspector...thanks for all your informative videos.... I've watched many of them and they're very helpful! One of the reasons I'm buying the Bebop 2 Power.
Awesome! Glad you're enjoying them, I appreciate you for watching.

Reactions: Drone_guy
Very true, any bebop model is a good investment. Although the Anafi is an upgrade, Bebop 2 is still up there especially if it has a Solaris mod.

Thanks for sharing, keep up the good flights!
Paul

Reactions: Gadget Inspector

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut