Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

The Crane

Well shot. However, I'm pretty sure it's not a bird in the crane family you have in the lens but a bird in the heron family. It justifies the fact that an heron moves in a completely different way than crane. In addition, a crane has a longer neck/throat and shorter beak compared to a heron. I can of course mistake when the bird is not exactly the same type as I have seen so many times here in Denmark, but only in the same family.

Where did you shoot the bird ?

Regards, Leif.

Well shot. However, I'm pretty sure it's not a bird in the crane family you have in the lens but a bird in the heron family. It justifies the fact that an heron moves in a completely different way than crane. In addition, a crane has a longer neck/throat and shorter beak compared to a heron. I can of course mistake when the bird is not exactly the same type as I have seen so many times here in Denmark, but only in the same family.

Where did you shoot the bird ?

Regards, Leif.
Looks like a White Faced Heron, found in abundance throughout Australasia; including New Zealand, New Guinea, the Torres Strait Islands, Indonesia & most of Australia, apart from the arid areas.

@Mar I'm pleasantly surprised by how calm it is with the Anafi hovering not too far away! Well done with a great piece of nature documentary capture.

You guys might very well be correct but I just had Crane on my mind.
I was actually flying a fair distance away from it then zoomed in.

Leif, this is on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada, not far from where I live.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Yes ok with the place. Then it's not the European heron or the Australian version. Birds of the family heron live exclusively from food they can find in shallow water while a crane actually eats seeds, roots and other plant parts. However, they also eat insects, frogs and a rare once a fish if they pass one. Cranes have normally their nest in lakes and wetlands with a close vegetation for the sake of predators not to destroy their fry. The European heron usually has their nest in a tall tree.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza

Then it would be the Pacific Great Blue Heron! They have a distinctive dark patch on the top section of the wing, closest to the head. I could just make that out in the video in full-screen. A lovely sighting!

Reactions: Landbo
Very interesting vid, witch prove that the Anafi is the quietest drone .

Even utilisable by ornithologues to observe the birds.

We have to show this movie to them,
Here, it is not allowed to fly over the swamps to not disturb the birds, but 25 meters further, you got à road.

As I said earlier, I was a good distance away from it and just zoomed in.
This was at a lagoon. I have since redone/ rename this video to The Heron, just haven't uploaded it yet.

I'm gonna try to capture the hummingbirds that come check out the Anafi everytime I launch it in my backyard, but man they are fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut