Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

This Parrot has ceased to be.

Congratulations to you !

And thanks for reporting here your efforts to wake your parrot that only seem to have a little rest.
I did not understand the title of this thread until I watched the Monty Python sketch... Hilarious (though difficult to understand for a French... but you know, we don’t understand much ;o)

Reactions: Nidge
Just a quick update.

Progress is being made, slowly but surely. I wasn’t able to do anything over the weekend as my broken body had other plans. However this morning I have re-secured the motor/power board and temporarily connected the mainboard via the ribbon cable, connected a battery and hit the on button and VOILA!!! The little cooling fan energised and all the motors went through their self check function.

My conclusion is that the ribbon cable connecting the power/motor board had come lose or, more shockingly, was not fitted correctly at the point of manufacture as the drone itself is spotless and the manuals and other paperwork are still sealed. Even the fitted props are devoid of any microscopic scratches.

Hopefully all that remains is to put it all back together, fingers crossed no bits left over, and a firmware update and my morphine induced eBay gamble has paid off.

And thank you to all who commented. It’s great to have a community prepared to pitch in and offer support.

Regards

Nidge.
That is great news! Glad to hear she’ll possibly be flying again soon, please keep us posted.

That appears to be some of Anafi’s issues, poor ribbon connections. A crash or in your case faulty factory installation these ribbon connections can get misaligned, fortunately some of us are able to find and realign the ribbon issue.

Be extra careful putting your Anafi back together, I accidentally damaged the SD card ribbon and camera feed harness when putting the Anafi back together after fixing a mis-aligned tilt/stabilitizer ribbon. All is good now after replacing these two damaged parts, just be extra careful these parts are very fragile.

Good luck,
Paul

Reactions: Nidge
Just as when the Scotsman was asked if anything was worn under the kilt I’m happy to report that everything is in perfect working order.

It’s a much harder beast to put back together than it is to take apart but the firmware update and the first indoor flight has been successful.

I now think I’ve earned the right to strip to my undies, switch on Netflix, and break into the family size bucket of chocolate pudding.

Regards

Nidge.

Fantastic ? Well done, you deserve that chocolate pudding smiling ear to ear!

Congrats!
Paul

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quinzee