Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tips for conserving phone battery?

antikarin

Reaction score
I have a new Anafi extended. It works great, but the phone battery drains faster than the drone battery.
I only get a few minutes flight time. I use an iPhone 6. Is there a smart thing to do, or do I need a new phone? Which is best, battery-wise?

I have no problem flying with 2 batteries, recharging them, then flying twice again with 1 charge on phone battery. I'm using a OnePlus 5.
Probably it's the battery in your phone which is not that great anymore. The 6 is not a new phone imo, try changing the battery in it.

I don't think that you need a new phone, since the 6 is still a good phone, but not young. The health of the battery degrades over time, even when normally used.
You can do specific things to lengthen it's life, like discharging it to 20% and charging it up only about to 80-85% not more, not using it when charging, and stuff like this.
You can save a good amount of money and just replace the battery in it. Where I stay, it costs about £25-35 depending on model and the shop itself, which is considerably cheaper than a new phone.
This is only my opinion only though. :)

I've usually got a couple iPhones laying around. Every time you get a new plan here, they allow you to get a new phone and you usually just keep the old.

My current phone is an iPhone X, but I use an iPhone 6 plus with my Bebop. This way, I have a dedicated display/controller that only connects to the skycontroller or drone. Battery last fine, but the only thing is is doing is streaming video via wifi. Since it's no longer looking for networks and such, it probably helps the battery last.

I also have an old iPad 2 that I use with the Bebop. Battery also last fine on that old warrior, but again, all it is doing is communicating with the Skycontroller/Bebop.

Its a toss-up as to which one I will use at any particular time. If I'm going somewhere I'll probably just take the iphone 6, small and easy to carry. The ipad I prefer when I want a nice, large screen. Only problem is it's not the "retina display" the iphone 6 has, so the image isn't quite as clear. Each has it's time and place.

Maybe get a new phone and dedicate your old one to just "drone patrol"?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar