Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Transferring Flight Plan from one iOS device to another?

phdwebdev

Reaction score
I want to create flight plans on my iPad and then transfer them to the iPhone used for flying.

Is this possible?

I don't have ios but on Android Freeflight creates a directory in the root called freeflight 6/flightplan with a directory for each plan. Copy the entire directory from one device to the other.
Take a look. Bet you can find them.
Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.
I was hoping there would be a similar directory on iOS but the few I can find don’t seem to have the flightplans inside. The only files I cannot understand are in a folder named Blackbox so I might try copying them over And see what happens.

Ok, after a bit more digging I have discovered the FlightPlan folder in iOS is in a hidden folder (.Contents) within the main FreeFlight6 folder. I thought it was a bit strange because when you view the FreeFlight6 folder it states there are 4 items within (on my particular install). However, when you open the folder, only 3 items are visible. The .Contents folder holding FlightPlan is invisible.
So, the only way of getting to the FlightPlan folder is to do a search in files, which then brings it up.
Hope this helps anyone else looking for FlightPlan in iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood