Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Update for FF6-6.7.1 & Firmware V 1.7.6

I flew today in high winds, solid connections to the ANAFI GPS... and terrible connection with the GPS in my phone With the SkyController (though it works perfectly when out of FF6...)
The green icon for the SkyController is here for 10 seconds then back to red for 20 seconds, then back to green, then red....
The GPS management seems to need tweaking !
But I largely prefer the GPS stable in the Anafi, at least, the images get the Exif data and can be processed for survey or mapping...

I flew today in high winds, solid connections to the ANAFI GPS... and terrible connection with the GPS in my phone With the SkyController (though it works perfectly when out of FF6...)
The green icon for the SkyController is here for 10 seconds then back to red for 20 seconds, then back to green, then red....
But I largely prefer the GPS stable in the Anafi, at least, the images get the Exif data and can be processed for survey or mapping...
Same problem here !!! I don't know why ...

Yes the phone GPS is very intermittent - however as you can see from the mini-map the phone position is accurate and known!!

I tried the new FW and FF6 updates and noticed while was waiting to get GPS both immediately came at the same time , flew without issues but when I wanted to pass cross the bandstand I lost in one second both GPS.
Strange I was outside the bandstand just a 1,5 meter from the Anafi and should it keep at least the SK3 GPS

I had 4 flights Saturday that were fine - phone GPS occasionally dropped but came back quickly
Sunday 1st, 2nd, and 4th flights were fine
However the 3rd flight, I lost GPS on drone and controller - went from 25 Sats to 0 in a blink
Red warning on FF6 indicating GPS signal weak - Autonomous flight not available ( i was flying manually)
I was close to home point maybe 350 distance - 200 ft altitude - clear line of sight
Strong WiFi signal - still had control with sticks, tried manual RTH - nothing would happen
Waited a few minutes GPS signals never returned so landed it manually
I have never had this happen before - next flight was fine

I flew today with the new FF6 update, didn't feel there is too much different in the performance, but the lagging of fpv seems getting better when using ipad mini.

Last edited:
I had 4 flights Saturday that were fine - phone GPS occasionally dropped but came back quickly
Sunday 1st, 2nd, and 4th flights were fine
However the 3rd flight, I lost GPS on drone and controller - went from 25 Sats to 0 in a blink
Red warning on FF6 indicating GPS signal weak - Autonomous flight not available ( i was flying manually)
I was close to home point maybe 350 distance - 200 ft altitude - clear line of sight
Strong WiFi signal - still had control with sticks, tried manual RTH - nothing would happen
Waited a few minutes GPS signals never returned so landed it manually
I have never had this happen before - next flight was fineDid you check, if the PHONE had still GPS?
Did you check, if your phone still had a GPS position?
A check on google maps could have helped, but b/c of A-GPS, a GPS only app would tell more:
GPS ok, FF6 and bird have a problem
Or perhaps the GPS couldnt get received for some time, in your area.
Whatever reason that may have (Kp-index bad, USA military switched it of for public use in that area for some reason, .....)

Reactions: BRC
Did you check, if your phone still had a GPS position?
A check on google maps could have helped, but b/c of A-GPS, a GPS only app would tell more:
GPS ok, FF6 and bird have a problem
Or perhaps the GPS couldnt get received for some time, in your area.
Whatever reason that may have (Kp-index bad, USA military switched it of for public use in that area for some reason, .....)
Thanks Ana, good to hear from you
I was running a GPS app in background but was not smart enough to look while it was still hovering
I'm hoping it was just a one time deal, but will be more prepared next time it happens
My phone does not have a sim card - so not sure if A-GPS works in that case?
I think drones GPS dropped 1st then phone GPS next
Was weird likely the same gremlins Augustine has spoken of;)
stay safe

[...]
My phone does not have a sim card - so not sure if A-GPS works in that case?
I think drones GPS dropped 1st then phone GPS next
[...]
I'd say, in case you are in flight mode, even with a Sim it would not use the celltowers.
Since I fly "always online", I forget about that many flying without mobil connection.
But not so sure if "only" there is no "Sim" or you may get it wifi from another device.

I also forgot, that most phones have not only GPS receivers in. Which makes it more unlikely, that one gouvernment could switch out everything.
But if the phone uses "only" 2 systems, one off, the other not enough sats: done!
Same for the bird.

Edit: Have you been near one of Trumps Golf courses, that time? ;-)

I hand catch and flip to disable motors. This firmware doesn’t like it. I get a warning and motor beeps. I have to power cycle to clear it. Kind of a bummer. I guess I’ll learn some other way.

I hand catch and flip to disable motors. This firmware doesn’t like it. I get a warning and motor beeps. I have to power cycle to clear it. Kind of a bummer. I guess I’ll learn some other way.

Flip is registered as a crash, hence the drama.

Flip is registered as a crash, hence the drama.
Which makes perfect sense. There must be a reason they no longer shut motors down on that condition. One reason I can think of is keeping the stack up gives you a better chance of finding it with GPS and/or radio.

I just did the FF6 update and the firmware update on my 2 Anafis.
Flew 4 batteries with an iPad (iOS) and an Android phone.
No problem for me.
Also noted an immediate GPS response contrary to previous versions.

The only ‘little problem’ I found was the message :
‘Low battery, keep the drone near you’ with a RTH rectangle icon. The Anafi was indicated at more than 80% battery and the SkyController was also more than 80% ! So I took a screenshot for further analysis.
When I was back home, saw there was this little Tiny icon on the bottom left that resembles a phone... that must be intended to look like a Smartphone... that was my iPad that was less than 10% battery ! Not very clear (I post it underneath).

cool feature I have never seen that before.

Probably due to a lot of crashes due to the battery, this was introduced in the new firmware. No real solution was found because I think BMS is not programmable and this is the main cause of the error. Now at a certain aging level (which can also be read on the first page of the FF6) it prints the message that the battery is low (worn out), do not fly far. This insures Parrot itself, because it also logs this message, and if you do complain, there’s proof that you knew about the worn-out, old battery.

I’m not sure you understood my message : FF6 warning was due to low battery of my iPad... not from the Anafi nor the SC3....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut