Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Update for FF6-6.7.1 & Firmware V 1.7.6

What's New​

Thank you for using ANAFI and its dedicated app, FreeFlight 6. Check the latest updates:
-Synchronize your flights with Skyward.
-FF6 light interface for the Security Edition drones.
-Improved GPS lock indicator and magnetometer alerts.
-Fixed issue where the video resolution was reinitialized to 1080p after rebooting the app.
-Better stitching of the 360 panoramas.
-Improved app stability.

Here in the UK I am being offered version 6.7.1 dated 8th December on Google Play.

What's New
Thank you for using ANAFI and its dedicated app, FreeFlight 6. Check the latest updates:
-Synchronize your flights with Skyward.
-FF6 light interface for the Security Edition drones.
-Improved GPS lock indicator and magnetometer alerts.
-Fixed issue where the video resolution was reinitialized to 1080p after rebooting the app.
-Better stitching of the 360 panoramas.
-Improved app stability.

Edit: @Pensucker beat me to it!

yes i see an update for FF6 on both android & IOS to 6.7.1
in addition there is a FW update to 1.7.6

Did the firmware up date. No problems with the test flight. GPS seems just as fast as it was before, at least for me. My problem with the follow me mode seems to be corrected. The camera now stays on subject instead of dropping straight down. The up and down movement is still there in follow me but I can live with that.

Reactions: BRC
Did the firmware up date. No problems with the test flight. GPS seems just as fast as it was before, at least for me. My problem with the follow me mode seems to be corrected. The camera now stays on subject instead of dropping straight down. The up and down movement is still there in follow me but I can live with that.
Thanks for testing.. you're quite brave
do you know if we can update the FW and yet still use moded FF6 app that show voltage?

Again another firmware that only fixes the previously working but then corrupted functions and capabilities ...
Meanwhile, the tracking is not perfect, The mission stops at waypoints, the BMS does not follow the aging of the battery well, gimball initialization often only works on the second start,
I'm still sticking with the 1.6.3 firmware ... because FCC mode has always worked, I've always found GPS quickly, the panorama has always worked well, the app has always been stable, never switched to 1080p - re after reboot ...

I am currently on the Canary Islands (f- COVID and staying at home LOL), flying the anafi in 25km/hour winds above the sea and I just updated the app. Will update the anafi tonight before my flights tomorrow :p
I expect the update to be perfect, as always.

I just did the FF6 update and the firmware update on my 2 Anafis.
Flew 4 batteries with an iPad (iOS) and an Android phone.
No problem for me.
Also noted an immediate GPS response contrary to previous versions.

The only ‘little problem’ I found was the message :
‘Low battery, keep the drone near you’ with a RTH rectangle icon. The Anafi was indicated at more than 80% battery and the SkyController was also more than 80% ! So I took a screenshot for further analysis.
When I was back home, saw there was this little Tiny icon on the bottom left that resembles a phone... that must be intended to look like a Smartphone... that was my iPad that was less than 10% battery ! Not very clear (I post it underneath).

Attachments

• 3D153E08-F2D4-48EE-A19F-2F2994A5724A.png
    3D153E08-F2D4-48EE-A19F-2F2994A5724A.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I flew 2 batteries (until around 45%) today in high winds. Got several warnings about dangerous flight conditions but I trust in my Anafi to withstand it, which it did.
At 1.9KM I got a warning that it would RTH if the connection dropped so I manually brought it back.

so far so good!

Sorry I lied it was 2.2KM
People crying about CE mode should really... STFU

(stay transmitting flying unobstructed)
EDA4CC46-BDFA-4620-B453-0DF458052577.png

• Haha
Reactions: MustangPhil
No GPS on your Tablet or Phone?
It happens when I put it on airplane mode before starting the app

edit: that’s weird I reviewed the screen recording and the controller GPS returns during the flight

Last edited by a moderator:

edit: that’s weird I reviewed the screen recording and the controller GPS returns during the flight
Airplane mode means you turn off all radio transmissions (WiFi, GPRS, Bluetooth, NFC).
GPS is not a transmission, but a passive reception, so don't turn it off! Check ...

I have this happen sometimes too, usually when my wifi signal is weak - seems that GPS on phone turns red & occasionally on drone
I really don't understand why either. I cannot recall this happening prior to the previous FW release
Has not caused any issues though and restores itself quickly

I don’t have an issue with the GPS from the smartphone but there seem to have different ways to integrate a GPS antenna in a smartphone and it differs from manufacturers.
The ‘optimal’ position of an antenna in a smartphone is, from a phone designer’s point of view, when the phone is held vertically in the user’s hand on in the car phone holder. Our Anafi SkyController has the phone positioned horizontally...
I also remarked I had excellent results with my external Bluetooth Garmin GLO GPS that I use with my iPad (no GPS embedded in WiFi iPad)

In the Anafi yesterday, I had like 25 satellites captured very fast... I don’t know what they did, but it’s a nice job on the drone’s side !
We were expecting a quick update of this bug with the previous release... and that’s what they did...

Last edited:
There is also one point that is not mentioned in the English version of the release notes for this new version in English, but that appears in the French version.
‘Minor improvement of the FlightPlan feature for iOS’ :

Synchronisation des vols avec Skyward.
Interface FreeFlight 6 Light pour les drones Security Edition.
Amélioration de l’indicateur GPS et du comportement des alertes magnétomètre.
Correction du bug qui provoquait la réinitialisation de la résolution vidéo à 1080p à chaque ouverture de l’app.
Amélioration du rendu de génération des panoramas 360.
(Anafi Thermal) Support du blending thermal sur le drone.
(Anafi USA) Amélioration de la stabilité du drone pendant la descente.
(iOS) Améliorations mineures sur la gestion du streaming thermal pour Anafi USA.
(iOS) Améliorations mineures sur le Flight Plan.
(iOS & Android) Amélioration de la stabilité de l'application.

Again another firmware that only fixes the previously working but then corrupted functions and capabilities ...
Meanwhile, the tracking is not perfect, The mission stops at waypoints, the BMS does not follow the aging of the battery well, gimball initialization often only works on the second start,
I'm still sticking with the 1.6.3 firmware ... because FCC mode has always worked, I've always found GPS quickly, the panorama has always worked well, the app has always been stable, never switched to 1080p - re after reboot ...
It seems Parrot really hasn't been able to release a flawless firmware since 1.6.3:
Ever since they focused on Anafi USA, there have been a lot of mistakes.

Another thing they seem to have broken is that the uBlox offline GPS data is not downloaded anymore!

Their internal processes and testing seems pretty broken as they keep introducing problems followed by fixes!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh