Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Update process for latest (June 19th) Anafi update

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
This is not a bug report about the latest update, but a question about the actual update process - on Android specifically

Since getting my drone in Feb 2019 I have updated the FF6 a few times, but as I have always had my phone set to NOT update apps automatically, then it's my choice when I do so. After updating FF6 you then get the prompt when next preparing to fly that you should update the SC3 and then the Anafi.

However, the latest update on June 19th (V1.5.1 & V1.5.6) did not come as a result of updating the app - this is the first time I have seen this.

So, can anyone explain how my app (v6.5.1) which was last updated in May and is set not to auto-update can then 'push' a new firmware update for the SC3 and Anafi without me having downloaded anything new? This seems to remove the choice as to when you might want to make the firmware update. How does it do this?

----------------------

Regarding bugs/fixes in the latest version, I have posted in the dedicated thread here:
https://parrotpilots.com/threads/re...afi-update-here-v1-5-1-v1-5-6.2317/post-19989

Reactions: Thanev
The app downloads the firmware in the background as an OBB file. This is possible even if you do not allow updating the app.

This is not a bug report about the latest update, but a question about the actual update process - on Android specifically

Since getting my drone in Feb 2019 I have updated the FF6 a few times, but as I have always had my phone set to NOT update apps automatically, then it's my choice when I do so. After updating FF6 you then get the prompt when next preparing to fly that you should update the SC3 and then the Anafi.

However, the latest update on June 19th (V1.5.1 & V1.5.6) did not come as a result of updating the app - this is the first time I have seen this.

So, can anyone explain how my app (v6.5.1) which was last updated in May and is set not to auto-update can then 'push' a new firmware update for the SC3 and Anafi without me having downloaded anything new? This seems to remove the choice as to when you might want to make the firmware update. How does it do this?

----------------------

Regarding bugs/fixes in the latest version, I have posted in the dedicated thread here:
https://parrotpilots.com/threads/re...afi-update-here-v1-5-1-v1-5-6.2317/post-19989
I,too,choose to upgrade after the bugs are worked out in Parrot's firmware updates. Parrot doesn't pay me to Beta test their updates,so I let others do it while I watch for issues.This is my choice.
Now they "force updates"?Isn't that a DJI problem? This could lead to problems being reported from new voluntary updates,which have really come from an unauthorized backdoor update.Someone tell me I can turn this ability off as I didn't buy a DJI for this reason.

Last edited:
Joe_Scot,I see in another forum that with my Samsung I should turn on the "ask before starting downloads" in my phone settings as well as turning off the auto update in the app store option .I don't know what phone you use,but this may help.

Last edited:
Joe_Scot,I see in another forum that with my Samsung I should turn on the "ask before starting downloads" in my phone settings as well as turning off the auto update in the app store option .I don't know what phone you use,but this may help.
I use a Samsung S7 with Android 8.0.0. Could you maybe describe where that other setting is, or post a screenshot? Many thanks!

Does the update prevent one from flying?
Not sure I would call it a forced update.
I can't confirm since I have already updated.

Settings-apps- Samsung internet-settings-option to notify before updateView attachment 2297
Thanks ... but I'm pretty sure that only affects downloads when using the Samsung Internet app. I don't use it - as I only use Chrome on my phone, so I don't think it can affect anything which would be controlled by the Google Play app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking