Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using Anafi in high mountains

Cytoplasm

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going for hikes in moutains, around 2500m-3000m, will Anafi fly OK in those environments?

One of the fellows I know flies in the Eastern Sierra mountains and told me this. The Anafi did very well at 11k feet (3352.8 meters) last year. He was flying slow and steady no aggressive speeds etc. You can hear and feel the slight difference though.

....around 2500m-3000m, will Anafi fly OK in those environments?
There have been several posts here and on YouTube indicating that the Anafi will fly at those altitudes. However, you need to be aware that the Anafi will use up substantially more space in any maneuvers than at sea level. For instance, if you bring the Anafi towards you and expect to stop it ten feet in front of you by releasing the stick as you may do at sea level it would be likely to either hit you or travel 5 feet beyond your head. The vertical climb speed would also be affected, until at around 3,500 meters the drone would barely be able to climb at all. Battery life would also be affected as it will take more power to hover or move in any direction besides straight down.

The manual gives the service ceiling as 4500 metres but plan for higher battery drain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronni