Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Video stuck at high brightness - washed out exposure

tuxedy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I received a refurbished bebop 2 after having a mishap with my first bebop 2. I actually hadn't flown it since receiving it in 2017 since in the country I am currently in it is close to impossible to get a permit to fly. Anyways, I was testing my bebop and noticed that the exposure to light seems stuck above a certain brightness. For example, when I am indoors the camera can adjust to the low light, but when I walk outside the camera can't compensate to brighter conditions.

Firmware is up to date. Was using both freeflight and bebop pro ios apps to test.

Any ideas? I have also tried to compensate exposure settings in bebop pro app with no success. I am overseas and it's hard to simply order a replacement part. Wondering if there is anything I can do to reset the device (I did by holding down 10 seconds) or loading an older firmware to see if it is software related.

thanks for all your help

Do a hard reset. Push and hold power button for 10 seconds

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Seems to have worked, but wasn't a super bright day today. Will try again tomorrow and let you know the progress.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I received a refurbished bebop 2 after having a mishap with my first bebop 2. I actually hadn't flown it since receiving it in 2017 since in the country I am currently in it is close to impossible to get a permit to fly. Anyways, I was testing my bebop and noticed that the exposure to light seems stuck above a certain brightness. For example, when I am indoors the camera can adjust to the low light, but when I walk outside the camera can't compensate to brighter conditions.

Firmware is up to date. Was using both freeflight and bebop pro ios apps to test.

Any ideas? I have also tried to compensate exposure settings in bebop pro app with no success. I am overseas and it's hard to simply order a replacement part. Wondering if there is anything I can do to reset the device (I did by holding down 10 seconds) or loading an older firmware to see if it is software related.

thanks for all your help

I have the same problem with my Bebop 2. If I turn it on in bright sunlight the camera view is completely washed out. I have found by changing the “video quality” from “high” to “standard” in settings fixes the problem. Reverting back to “high” then shows the correct exposure. Cheers, Hughie

Reactions: Cityull
You can also adjust the right back side wheel, this helps adjust brightness from darker to lighter screen. It’s a great feature, give it a try and keep up posted.

Paul

Right back side wheel? Not sure I understand. The camera is totally working fine now. I found that my reset did fix the drone back to normal. Thanks everyone for your advice... I Was ready to send the unit back!

Reactions: Cityull
I bought a second hand bebop 2 pwr recently.
I have the same issue with too much exposed pictures. I have rebooted the drone what solved the issue but for only one flight then it reappeared.
The tip to change the video mode seems to work but the camera can no longer be moved until the drone is switched off and on.
The exposure command seems to be inefficient.
Do you have the same behaviour ?

Each Time the bebop reconnects to the skycontroller 2, the camera can no longer adjust brigtness ans exposure is too high.
During a flight if there is a deconnection, the issue reappears when pairing is done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut