Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

video transfer

jbernielh

Reaction score
hello, new to the forum..

got the bebop2 FCV the other day.. have only done a couple flights due to cold wx.. can't say I was impressed with video quality so far but then it was cold and I'm probably not having the camera in the proper settings yet.. finger trouble.. the drone seems to perform quite well though..

the problem I'm having is getting the video data from the drone... I have a MacBook air for a laptop and using the supplied cable I can get it in an image capture program and then watch it on quicktime but it's very cumbersome.. does anyone know of an app that works better on a Mac for download and organizing?

the other problem is trying to download from the drone using it's wifi with my iphone 8.. I'm connected to it's wifi, and then when I get to the image transfer screen on free flight pro it says "checking" and then nothing happens.. just not sure if I'm doing it correctly but there is such limited information I can find from parrot and what I do find seems to be more android related..

appreciate any help

Bernie

so I just shot another video in the sunshine and made a couple setting changes.. much better.. I discovered a way to download on my phone was to airdrop.. works pretty good

next stupid question.. is there no audio with the video recording?

got the bebop2 FCV the other day.. have only done a couple flights due to cold wx.. can't say I was impressed with video quality so far but then it was cold and I'm probably not having the camera in the proper settings yet.. finger trouble.. the drone seems to perform quite well though..

the problem I'm having is getting the video data from the drone... I have a MacBook air for a laptop and using the supplied cable I can get it in an image capture program and then watch it on quicktime but it's very cumbersome.. does anyone know of an app that works better on a Mac for download and organizing?

the other problem is trying to download from the drone using it's wifi with my iphone 8.. I'm connected to it's wifi, and then when I get to the image transfer screen on free flight pro it says "checking" and then nothing happens.. just not sure if I'm doing it correctly but there is such limited information I can find from parrot and what I do find seems to be more android related..

appreciate any help

Bernie

No audio or all you would here is the hum of the blades. Cold weather will denigrate the quality of the video substantially below 30F. Every video I shoot in the winter really sucks LOL. I don't have a MAC so I can't help you with those issues.

I don't use my BB2 for video as much as play in Sport Mode.

I'm a long time aviation guy and kind of like the hum of props.. I'm sure as I continue to fly it I'll figure a lot of things out..

Bernie

appreciate any help

Bernie
no just go onto your free flight pro app and press the percentage button above the screen fly n film

I always download video as a USB device plugged into my computer windows 10 never tried Mac just find file and copy across

I've also seen that the time that it takes to transfer videos is incredibly slow both in transfer directly to phone after flight, or USB to computer. Could this be a firmware issue?
@jbernielh Curious about the airdrop, how'd that work?

No idea it must be something within anafi and there wifi connectivity it is many times faster on my BB2 THERMAL . I still use usb connection for all my Parrot drones . On DJI I just remove SD Card

You have probably found your answer by now but anyway.... I use "Android File Transfer" to get my files off the bebop2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut