Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Viewing 4K footage....quickest way???

JDrone

Reaction score
Finished my first flight with the Anafi, but how do I view my 4K footage easily? Quickest way? My video is imported on my iMac but I want to see the true 4K on my tv etc?

If you have an full size SD card slot on your TV then you can use the Parrot supplied adaptor to convert the micro SD card to full size SD.
Failing that USB card readers are cheap as chips (sometimes cheaper). In the UK a store called Poundland sell them for ..........................£1 :D

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I use one of these but not on my TV
SanDisk SDDR-B531-GN6NN MobileMate USB 3.0 Reader

To view them on my TV I use Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV

I pop the micro sd card out, put it in a 3.0 usb adapter, and plug that into the tv's 3.0 usb port via a 3.0 extension cable. The ports on the big tv are very hard to reach when mounted on the wall.

Okay so testing my Anafi out, Sandoval 4K season card, plug into USB adapter to 4K tv and it’s saying codec issue can’t read files???? This is frustrating, I don’t want to just view my video on my iMac?? Any other suggestions, is the Mavic Air easier for viewing files etc?

Your first mistake was buying an apple product.
Sorry I couldn't resist, I know it don't help.
I don't like taking the card out of the anafi. So I connect anafi direct to pc via USB. Transfer to pc then pc to usb stick.
Then veiw on Samsung TV via USB port.
If you TV is saying needs codec, then I would think your TV will never play the files. You would have to either convert the files to a format that's compatible with your TV. Or view them via Xbox or playstation or Roku box or something like that.

Okay so testing my Anafi out, Sandoval 4K season card, plug into USB adapter to 4K tv and it’s saying codec issue can’t read files???? This is frustrating, I don’t want to just view my video on my iMac?? Any other suggestions, is the Mavic Air easier for viewing files etc?
Your TV likely doesn't support 4K MP4 files.
You could connect your computer to your TV.

Your first mistake was buying an apple product.
Sorry I couldn't resist, I know it don't help.

Yep that doesn’t help and it couldn’t be more wrong either ;)

Anyway, you could just connect your iMac to your screen via HDMI. Or depending on what kind of Phone you have you could also just use an adapter and connect that one to your TV.

AirPlay from your Mac would be the easiest option but the current iteration would only support a 1080p video. I don’t know if Airplay 2 supports native 4K. Depending on how old your TV is it may even get native Airplay support via an update in the next weeks.

Different option would be to give your TV access to your macs media library, many TVs have such option. Or at least can access a NAS on the same network.

I wonder why your TV can not play the file format, but if it can’t you can try to convert into another format. If you don’t have any tool you could try to use iMovie, a free video editor available on every Mac

Last edited:
I try not to fidget with the micro SD card locking device on my Anafi so I usually connect the USB cable from my Anafi to my PC and upload the media.
Then I transfer it to a flash drive and plug it into the USB port on my TV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut