Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Want to take photo's ..........

pipedesign

Reaction score
Both jpg and dng files are coming out as fish-eye and I want them to be regular rectangular photo's.
I use Affinity too and use it all the time on both formats - it is great - but I could not find a fish-eye correction tool.
Any help from a drone flyer would be appreciated, as would any help from an Affinity user.

I love the video quality ............

Attachments

• Bebop_20180914090714-0400.jpg
    Bebop_20180914090714-0400.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
Both jpg and dng files are coming out as fish-eye and I want them to be regular rectangular photo's.
I use Affinity too and use it all the time on both formats - it is great - but I could not find a fish-eye correction tool.
Any help from a drone flyer would be appreciated, as would any help from an Affinity user.

Ouch, that looks bad. It is not easy to correct.

Maybe this on Apple: ‎Bebop FIX - fisheye remover for Parrot's drones

Or this on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.followmemobile.bebopdefisheye

It's not in Affinity photo but ............... ;)

Regards Leif.

Can you link to the DNG (can't be uploaded directly), as I use Affinity and would like to take a crack at it.

If you use the Affinity Store downloaded version you can manually update your lensfun and libraw libraries, which may have profiles for the Anafi. If not, you can manually correct in Affinity Develop persona.

But yeah, post me the DNG and I'll do my best to setup a lens correction preset for Affinity you can use.

Hopefully something here looks more like reality.

View attachment Bebop-2.jpg

Document > resize Document > to 5000 pix in x direction

Bebop-3.jpg

Perspective tool to draw the picture to the right perspective. Perspective tool you find on the second-bottom left corner of the left toolbar.

After that use the crop function and File > export.

How successful it is, only you can tell because only you have seen the reality. However, I guess there should be some more work on the proportions.

Regards Leif.

Can you link to the DNG (can't be uploaded directly), as I use Affinity and would like to take a crack at it.

If you use the Affinity Store downloaded version you can manually update your lensfun and libraw libraries, which may have profiles for the Anafi. If not, you can manually correct in Affinity Develop persona.

But yeah, post me the DNG and I'll do my best to setup a lens correction preset for Affinity you can use.
Hopefully something here looks more like reality.

View attachment 264

Document > resize Document > to 5000 pix in x direction

View attachment 265

Perspective tool to draw the picture to the right perspective. Perspective tool you find on the second-bottom left corner of the left toolbar.

After that use the crop function and File > export.

How successful it is, only you can tell because only you have seen the reality. However, I guess there should be some more work on the proportions.

Regards Leif.
i am really sorry that I did not respond.
no excuse really - i just got fed up and put it away for a while. i am retiring soon so i will have more time to work on it.
Your adjustment was pretty good but the photo was not as distorted as the fish-eye shot i originally posted.

i use Affinity too but my post was to find out if bebop could take 'normal pictures' by changing a setting in the Drone - I was led to believe it could take fish-eys shots or normal rectangular shots.
I guess your reply means it can't. Please confirm - meanwhile I will explore Affinity - it is great software.

John

DNGs or Fish-eye jpegs cannot be corrected to real perspective. Only the drone records 1920X1080 images that actually are corrected using the internal software, but these are low quality video frames.
I personally use Adobe Photoshop, open the DNG image and apply an adaptive wide angle correction for fish-eye. See a sample below.

Attachments

• ORIGINAL DNG.jpg
    ORIGINAL DNG.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • EDITED.jpg
    EDITED.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 9

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members