Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Was this a mistake?

Heracles421

Reaction score
So uhm, I just bought an Anafi as my first drone, but when I started to look around I found this forum which has countless horror stories about the drone just falling out of the sky and the horrible customer support from Parrot. Did I just mess up and buy a nightmare? Should I cancel my order and just get a DJI drone?
Mind you I found the drone new for about 380 USD, which is why I decided to pull the trigger before doing a little bit more research into the topic...

Sounds like a great deal and I’m sure there are way more people like myself out there that have had no issues with the Anafi. I have had two so far and never had a crash that wasn’t my own fault. My company also has one and again, no issues.

I think you will be happy with it! DJI makes nice drones as well but they aren’t without issues either. Hope this makes you feel a bit better about your purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree there are many of us who have had very few problems. Like posted above they all have their problems but it comes down to how costumer support handles the problems which makes a big difference. I have several different UAV's and can say Parrot support is the worse I have ever seen in the industry. Thats pretty bad considering DJI has a bad rep when it comes to dealing with them. For the price you paid it does sound like a very good deal so even if it turns out to be a bad purchase you will be able to sell it for parts probably for more then what you paid for it. Many parts are hard to come by this is why I said that.
I would keep it and if you like flying drones maybe look into upgrading down the road. I recommend Autel EVO II PRO. Autel's support is second to none.

I agree there are many of us who have had very few problems. Like posted above they all have their problems but it comes down to how costumer support handles the problems which makes a big difference. I have several different UAV's and can say Parrot support is the worse I have ever seen in the industry. Thats pretty bad considering DJI has a bad rep when it comes to dealing with them. For the price you paid it does sound like a very good deal so even if it turns out to be a bad purchase you will be able to sell it for parts probably for more then what you paid for it. Many parts are hard to come by this is why I said that.
I would keep it and if you like flying drones maybe look into upgrading down the road. I recommend Autel EVO II PRO. Autel's support is second to none.
I did look at the Autel as well, very cool drone.
I'll keep it then. And yea, didn't think about it but it could be sold for parts in a worst case scenario.

Thanks!

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Welcome to the Anafi OP. Read up on the drone here and especially the battery threads. I am new to proper battery care, and I feel that my mishaps were from improperly caring for my batteries. I let them get too low when flying and then charged them to full, only to have them then stay at 100% until they went into hibernation. When the Anafi works, it is a really great drone for the price.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Love it or Hate it that is the truth about parrot anafi.
I love it for more than 2 years.

ANAFI is my first drone. 56 flights and no problems. Well I did get too close to a brick wall at 43 (**** wide angle lenses flying FPV). Bought a new arm and fixed it myself. The ANAFI covers a site with one battery that my P4P needs one plus. Conduct a thorough preflight and have all symbols in the green with lots of satellites. You will be OK.

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood