Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Weight of the radio controller

Maxgi

Reaction score
i bought a parrot anafi but i returned it because it had an assembly problem in one arm. They replaced it. When i got home i picked up the controller and it gave me the impression of being light!! It weighs 286 grams, no 386!!! Is absurd...

[QUOTE = "dashSolo, post: 3104, member: 32"] puoi rimuovere i pesi all'interno per alleggerirlo. [/ QUOTE]Hello Dashsolo, thank you for the reply. But the Anafi is new!! Who took the weights?

This it's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't scenarios. The also has been criticized for build quality but usually because it is perceived as being too lightly built. It's carbon fiber, that's the point. The weighted the controller to make it feel more solid and balanced (and praised it was). Now because it's weighted and being too heavy bad.

Reactions: PatR
My replacement Anafi is therefore not new, but sold like new..the controller has been opened..sad story.

[QUOTE = "Liger 1956, post: 3112, member: 272"] Lo hai acquistato direttamente da Parrot o da un rivenditore come Amazon? [/ QUOTE]
Bought in a physical electronic store.

It's carbon fiber, that's the point.
Carbon fiber, where?? I don't think anyone would complain if they got carbon fiber, alas they get cheapo plastic with terrible feel while still paying a premium price...

The weighted the controller to make it feel more solid and balanced (and praised it was). Now because it's weighted and being too heavy bad.
Well they could have actually made it comfortable and precise, and also instead of adding dead weights use the opportunity to put a bigger battery in...

Maxi,
I do not know which country you live in but if you are unhappy then I suggest that you return the Anafi to where you bought it from for a full refund. You can then buy a new one from Parrot direct.

[QUOTE = "Liger 1956, post: 3118, member: 272"] Maxi,
Non così in quale paese vivi, ma se sei infelice, ti suggerisco di restituire Anafi da dove l'hai acquistato per un rimborso completo. Puoi quindi acquistarne uno nuovo direttamente da Parrot. [/ CITAZIONE]
Io vivo in Italia. Lo riporto anche al negozio. È il secondo in un mese. Ciò tuttavia è clamoroso perché il controller è stato sicuramente aperto.

Carbon fiber, where?? I don't think anyone would complain if they got carbon fiber, alas they get cheapo plastic with terrible feel while still paying a premium price...

The carbon fiber is in the frame. A feature that has been discussed here, here, here and numerous other places. I have no issue with the feel of the drones build and frankly as long as it delivers what I want out of the drone it could feel like pickled eel and cactus for all that feel matters.

Well they could have actually made it comfortable and precise, and also instead of adding dead weights use the opportunity to put a bigger battery in...

Well since I can go through all 3 of my batteries on the drone and have better than 40% of the controller battery left I cannot complain about battery life. The control feels a lot like my xbox controller. Admittedly it's heavier but so far it hasn't been an issue. Now when I have my 10 inch tablet on the controller it's definitely heavy. If the weights were not in there the complaint would be that is is too light to be quality and unbalanced.

Are there things on the Anafi that could be better. Most certainly. Have some purchasers had experiences that were legitimately disappointing. Definitely. Are they going to get criticized for a feature by one group while praised by another? Ayup.

Perhaps participating in a little weight training, doing reps using 1-3 pounds or so might help get you in better shape to handle the controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Curling a couple cans of Foster’s should take care of it;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame