Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which Android Handy/Tablet for freeflight6 and Anafi need Help

SidJoker

Reaction score
Which Android mobile phone or tablet is well suited for Anafi, the screen should be as large as possible and, above all, used ones should be cheap to buy in the eBay? (I want it only for Freeflight/Anafi and want to try out Freeflight mods, otherwise I have IOS)

Last edited:
I have experienced HUGE latency with the ANAFI Thermal on Anroid 8.1.x and Android 9.x.x using the K10 Tablet and the Blackview Tab8.

K10 - Had horrific latency - Almost unusable in flight.

Blackview Tab8 - Experienced almost a full 1 second delay. You could wave your hand back and forth in front of camera... Stop moving your hand and still get another wave.

There doesn't appear to be any specifications listed by ANAFI or their dealers on what min requirements are.

I don't want to pursue Apple products due to the countless differences.

Please note the following:
Android OS had all animations disabled.
Android OS Playstore had "Protection" disabled to prevent it from scanning running apps.
Android OS was 100% dedicated to ANAFI Free Flight. No other apps were running.
Free Flight 6 was given background priority as an APP.
Latency occurred on both WiFi AND controller from as little as 3 feet away.

Other hurdles of using tablet:

Mapping - If you are using a WiFi based tablet... You can't really leave WiFi turned on while operating the controller due to interference. So you don't have internet on your tablet while in flight unless you leverage Bluetooh internet share.

BT Internet Share - It has to be manually setup each time. Phone and Tablets will not AUTO reconnect and share internet after a reboot. And depending on your phones "hot spot" settings - It may time out after X time of no activity.

If you are public safety - Only SOME tablets support the 700mhz PS band. Blackview appears to support it - But their other "bands" for the US market don't appear to support Verizon or ATT. They do however appear to support T-Mobile.

Amazon
If you order a tablet from Amazon - There is a 20% restocking fee if you open the box and return it.

So without knowing what tablet to use - You could be facing an instant 20% loss for your investment to simply "try a tablet" to see if it works.

Summary
If anyone has min specifications or recommended specifications for ANAFI Thermals AND the android OS... it would be greatly appreciated.

With an investment of 2,000 to 7,000 dollars - One would think it would come with a smart controller or tablet on it's own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame