Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which drone do you guys recommend me ?

crucx

Reaction score
Hey there, i am looking for a drone that can fly far as possible and has a decent camera for cinematic movies. But i prefer a higher range over the camera.

My price range is 650$. I was thinking to buy the spark but maybe there is something better that flies more further for about the same price. Also i travel a lot, so i will use FCC in those countries where it is allowed.

If you're in a place with a lot of wifi interference I suggest the Mavic Pro or one of the other DJI drones that uses Ocusync. It will get you much more range than a drone using wifi. If you're in an area without much wifi interference then an Anafi would be an option that still gets you 2000 ~ 3000 meters or more (reported). You can usually find deals on Amazon or Ebay in the $650 price range BUT they will probably have no extra batteries, props, etc.

Reactions: Ansia
As you are travelling a lot I would suggest that you look up the rules for flying drones in the countries that you are visiting. Some already have, or shortly will have, regulations regarding the weight, altitude and distance that can be flown. This may be relevant as to the weight of the drone that you buy in order to be able to fly legally. I would not want to see you in prison with your drone confiscated.

Remember my price range is 650€ and not 1.000€+ haha. And yes ofc i know every country has his own laws. In most countries FCC is not allowed. So i use fcc only in countries where it is allowed.

Edit: Alright i decided my self for the mavic air. I assume its better than the spark ? according videos everyone says its perfect except one video where the guy says that the signal is weak and it has a lot of connection issues, not sure if he is right. I couldn't see anything bad at the other videos.
The picture quality is btw a bit bad of the mavic air than the spark but the video quality is better. I never do pictures and even if, i am sure i can sort all issues out with photo editing tools.

So overall i see no problem with the mavic air but please let me know if i missed something so i cancel my order.

Ps. The mavic air is also supposed to hit 10.000 meters (i gonna buy signal boosters as well for it to get the best results).

Last edited:
Remember my price range is 650€ and not 1.000€+ haha. And yes ofc i know every country has his own laws. In most countries FCC is not allowed. So i use fcc only in countries where it is allowed.

Edit: Alright i decided my self for the mavic air. I assume its better than the spark ? according videos everyone says its perfect except one video where the guy says that the signal is weak and it has a lot of connection issues, not sure if he is right. I couldn't see anything bad at the other videos.
The picture quality is btw a bit bad of the mavic air than the spark but the video quality is better. I never do pictures and even if, i am sure i can sort all issues out with photo editing tools.

So overall i see no problem with the mavic air but please let me know if i missed something so i cancel my order.

Ps. The mavic air is also supposed to hit 10.000 meters (i gonna buy signal boosters as well for it to get the best results).
There are options for a Mavic Pro in your price range.

Mavic Air uses wifi, like the Spark. It's range is 3.21Km without any interference.

The Mavic Pro uses Ocusync technology and is rated at 7Km.

Granted the Mavic Air's camera is a bit better than the pro, but I took your distance request into consideration.

Reactions: crucx
I was going to say that i am going to pay monthly and didnt know you can pay monthly for a product at ebay too. Wow the mavic pro costs 650$ and seems like i can pay monthly for it.

Which one do i take now :c. The mavic pro has the best distance but the air has a sharper camera ...

Last edited:
I was going to say that i am going to pay monthly and didnt know you can pay monthly for a product at ebay too. Wow the mavic pro costs 650$ and seems like i can pay monthly for it.

Which one do i take now :c. The mavic pro has the best distance but the air has a sharper camera ...
If you use a credit card, you can pay it monthly.

Why on earth would you need to fly 10 Km away in the first place?

Good question. I was thinking of exploring the whole town where i am in. Or keep following a river since i am living next to a river with some cool spots. But i just realized that if i should fly that far, i wont have much time to capture. I have to fly all the way back straight after i hit the distance limit. So i guess i stick with the mavic air.

This one is for my own amusement.

@crucx have you considered a Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Advanced?
Although it's lightbridge instead of ocusync, it does have the 7Km distance. It has a 20MP camera which records in 4K 60fps, a mechanical shutter and it lasts in the air up to 30 minutes.

Sure, it's a little bulky, but it does things even the Mavic 2 Pro can't do.

Yeah i know that drone. Its to huge for me and also to expensive. I am absolutely fine with the mavic air :).

Quite often we as consumers look at what a product is capable of,and dont look into serviceability.In Canada there are numerous options for servicing DJI products,with Spatial Technologies offering the only service in Canada for the Anafi(that I am aware of).
You may want to look at service and parts availability in making your choice as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456