Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Developer Flight Controller Design in Matlab/Simulink

htemir

Reaction score
Hi There,

It's hasan. I am a student in an engineering college. I want to buy Parrot Drones. I am going to use that drone in my graduation project.

Normally, the parrot mambo has Matlab Simulink support. Parrot Drone Support from MATLAB ,

Parrot Minidrones Support from Simulink

In this way, I'm thinking of uploading the model I created from the Simulink to the drone and designing a flight controller and comparing it. But the parrot mambo is not powerful enough hardware. That's why I want to have powerful hardware by acquiring other parrots. I have some questions.

1- Is that parrot drones Matlab support package? If the drone supports Matlab, which models would you recommend? For example Parrot Anafi or Anafi AI?

2-How to code those parrot drones? Is it possible to access the drone's processor? What processor are you using in parrots? According to which communication protocol can a direct command be sent from Matlab? Can I send commands to parrot directly from Matlab/Simulink? If I can't send commands from Matlab, which program can I generate and implement?

3-If I convert the model I made in Matlab and Simulink to c code with Simulink coder,(Generate C Code for a Model - MATLAB & Simulink , Generate C Code by Using the MATLAB Coder App - MATLAB & Simulink ) Can I access the parrot drone's processor by creating a header on the parrot drone's processor via c or python and running it?

I hope I was able to share the work I aimed to do here.

Thanks for your time,

Kind Regards,
htemir

Hi There,

It's hasan. I am a student in an engineering college. I want to buy Parrot Drones. I am going to use that drone in my graduation project.

Normally, the parrot mambo has Matlab Simulink support. Parrot Drone Support from MATLAB ,

Parrot Minidrones Support from Simulink

In this way, I'm thinking of uploading the model I created from the Simulink to the drone and designing a flight controller and comparing it. But the parrot mambo is not powerful enough hardware. That's why I want to have powerful hardware by acquiring other parrots. I have some questions.

1- Is that parrot drones Matlab support package? If the drone supports Matlab, which models would you recommend? For example Parrot Anafi or Anafi AI?

2-How to code those parrot drones? Is it possible to access the drone's processor? What processor are you using in parrots? According to which communication protocol can a direct command be sent from Matlab? Can I send commands to parrot directly from Matlab/Simulink? If I can't send commands from Matlab, which program can I generate and implement?

3-If I convert the model I made in Matlab and Simulink to c code with Simulink coder,(Generate C Code for a Model - MATLAB & Simulink , Generate C Code by Using the MATLAB Coder App - MATLAB & Simulink ) Can I access the parrot drone's processor by creating a header on the parrot drone's processor via c or python and running it?

Chatbot AI Mod APK - an application to chat and communicate between you and Chat GPT through artificial intelligence
I hope I was able to share the work I aimed to do here.

Thanks for your time,
I'll try my best to answer your questions below:

The Parrot Mambo does have Matlab Simulink support, but it is not the most powerful drone in Parrot's lineup. If you're looking for a more powerful drone with Matlab support, I would recommend the Parrot Anafi or Anafi AI. Both of these drones have similar capabilities and are capable of running Matlab Simulink models.

Parrot drones can be programmed using the Parrot SDK, which provides APIs for controlling the drone's flight, camera, and other features. The SDK can be accessed using various programming languages, including C, Python, and Matlab. To send commands directly from Matlab, you can use the Matlab Support Package for Parrot Drones, which provides an interface for sending commands and receiving data from the drone.

If you convert your Simulink model to C code using the Simulink Coder, you can potentially access the Parrot drone's processor by creating a custom program or header file that interfaces with the drone's hardware. However, it is important to note that modifying the drone's firmware or hardware can be risky and may void your warranty. Additionally, Parrot does not officially support or encourage such modifications.

Hi htmeir,

I am also student trying to do a project on drone using matlab.
Since you have a worked on the same.|

I have a rolling spider drone with me but facing difficulties having connections with it.

I would like to did you any parrot drones could support matlab/any other programming languages

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320