Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wifi from drone won't connect

So tried setting up the drone today , plugged in the cable to phone , the red led come on my phone showing it's receiving power from the control , the app will not load up tho . Go into app does not recognise the control . So still in the same situation . Not sure why this worked in the shop but doesn't now ! What else could have come loose for the app to now not open or recognise the cable ? Usb still ? I'm few up with the build quality of this thing so cheap . Got a new set of freewell filters . Gimbal won't boot up with them on . So I also have the weaker gimbal as this does boot up on many other anafi . Such a shame . I don't want to be pushed to DJI . But it's starting to look this way

Sometimes you can fix this problem by deleting the App and doing a hard reboot of your phone. Then reinstalling the App. Kind of a fresh start. There was a firmware update yesterday so this will help bring you up to date. Give it a try and see if it helps.

Just got back from second repair at a shop here in Thailand . From his broken English he said the soldering on the whole controller is of very poor quality . He has fixed everything and for now it works and connects . So guys be very very gentle when putting in the cable . Any slight drops and this thing will stop working .

Hi, I have the same problem as Dr. One. Phone wouldn't recognize the controller, but if I jiggled the connection on the controller the app would fire up. I'd have to hold the cable awkwardly and it would stay connected until i let go. My husband opened up the controller and you can see the little pins moving away from the board. He's soldering it back to the board and I'll report back if it worked.

Works perfectly now! So hopefully this will help someone else who has no idea why their wonderful Anafi just suddenly stopped working!

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Everything was working just fine. Now the wifi won't connect to the phone or the controller. I just get "Authentication" and then it defaults to my home connection. Tried a different phone etc, no luck. Any ideas?

Hi there. I am using Anafi and from the beginning I have connected to the drone both controller cable to phone so I never used the wi-fi password. But recently controller disconnect from the phone just like that. So I pull the cable out and put it back and connection was just for a few sec. and then disconnect again. So I decide to reset the controller and now ask me for WiFi password. But it’s not working.
Give this a try. Here is the hard reset procedure for ANAFI.
  1. Power ANAFI on.
  2. Press the power button and keep it pressed: after approximately 8 seconds, the battery's LEDs turn on red, one after the other.
  3. When the 4 LEDs are red, release the power button.
  4. ANAFI reboots - a TXT file has been generated on ANAFI's microSD card, which contains ANAFI's Wi-Fi network's password; that's how you can check the hard reset has been successful.

According to Skydreamer (another user on this site)..
To do all 3 reset..
  1. Plug battery into wall charger, press and hold power button for 15 seconds.
  2. Reinstall the battery in the Anafi, power up, then press and hold power button for 12 seconds to do a hard reset.
  3. Connect phone to controller and it should open up freeflight 6, once the controller and the drone have connected, hit the Drone icon to the left of the SD card icon, in the next screen you will see map and numbers below map...scroll down and you will see a hidden Factory (soft) Reset button...reset anafi and right after you will be asked to recalibrate ....if that doesnt happen automatically then go to settings/camera and attempt to recalibrate from there

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
is that wipe out all data from the memory card?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320