Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wifi passcode

Greg Pettys

Reaction score
Newbie here,

Just got the Parrot and everything seems to work except that its asking for a Wifi passcode which I found under the SD card holder, I have attached a shot of it. Are these letters in caps? not quite sure if the smybol afetr the U is a 1 or a cap i, also is the smybol after the 6 an O or a zero? Its going to be difficult to type the in out in the bright sun standing in a field. Is there a way to copy and paste, I'm using a controller witha Azus andriod phone.

Thanks

Greg
Wifi Passcode.jpg

There should be a larger sticker and QR code in the lid of the case. Scan it with your phone and it's a one time thing.

hth

All letters are caps. Anyway, you just have to try... There won’t be any trouble if you make a mistake, you’ll have to try again ;)

Ha! Yours is easier than mine! I had two capital O's and one zero. Your letter after the U is a capital I and the O is a capital O.
Maybe..... :unsure: At least that's what I would try first.

It worked the first time then I didn't use the direct phone to drone connection for several months and I could not get it to work again because I had not written it down somewhere. I finally had to do a reset which resets the code to original and writes a text file on the SD card. Then I put that in an editor and changed the font to Times Roman.....Presto! My cap O's looked like O's and the zeros looked like 0's and the 1 became a cap I. THIS time I wrote that text file to My Documents in case I ever have to use it again. ;)

Parrot should have used a Serif font in the first place.

Looking at the sticker you can read the batch numbers and the word ‘WIFI’ underneath. So lots of 0 and 1 and O and I are present on the label to compare.

The font is the same for the whole sticker, some letters are bold characters.
Plus, the 1 figure has a little ‘hat’ on the top left (in Europe, if you do not count UK as part of Europe... in 10 days, or IO days ;o) and the letter ‘O’ is almost circular as the figure 0 is clearly oval.

so your password is clearly :

XN9LUI(the letter i in capital)!R6O(the letter o in capital)9E

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I used the QR code scanner on the phone, pasted it in off the clip board and it worked. Flew it for the first time. Wow it is going to take a while to learn to finesse flying it. One weird thing the the controller red disconnected light is on but I was still able to control the drone with the controller. Not sure what that is about?

The WiFi code / connection is only used if you are flying the drone without the controller (just using your mobile).

If using the joystick controller delete the Anafi WiFi code or turn off the phones WiFi (often the best thing to do for less WiFi interference).

Thanks for your response. Are you sure. This is the first time I have heard about this in any documentation. Without Wifi how does the drone connect to the controller and GPS? I will start a new threat on this topic. Thank

Thanks for your response. Are you sure. This is the first time I have heard about this in any documentation. Without Wifi how does the drone connect to the controller and GPS? I will start a new threat on this topic. Thank

OK, To make this as simple as possible, If you are using the controller to fly the Anafi, you do not need a WIFI connection to the drone ( all communication to the drone is done through the controller) and the phone, which is connected to the controller with a cable, is basically just an interface/view screen. The controller itself does not have any GPS... that is handled by the drone and phone so location/GPS on the phone/device should be left on.
It is recommended that you put the phone in "airplane mode" (WIFI, Cell Data, and Bluetooth OFF) to eliminate any interference from a WIFI /Bluetooth signal from the phone affecting that controller to drone link............That includes Bluetooth enabled "smartwatches"
Now, if you are controlling the Anafi with just the phone..... you will need to have the WIFI on (the phone) and then connect to the Anafi's WIFI ( the password should be on a label in the Anafi's case)just as if you were connecting to a WIFI hotspot somewhere or at home. It does NOT need internet access, just a wireless connection to the drone, so disregard anything that is advising about no internet connection.
As far as which "bands" the Anafi uses, it uses both 2.4 and 5 and will automatically select the band and channel based on the "congestion" on the channels. You can select a band/channel manually through the app's settings to force it to hold a certain channel based on your location.

Ah! O seu é mais fácil que o meu! Eu tinha dois O's maiúsculos e um zero. Sua letra depois do U é um I maiúsculo e o O é um O maiúsculo.
Talvez..... :incerto: Pelo menos é o que eu tentaria primeiro.

Funcionou na primeira vez, então eu não usei o telefone direto para a conexão do drone por vários meses e não consegui fazê-lo funcionar novamente porque não havia anotado em algum lugar. Eu finalmente tive que fazer um reset que redefine o código para o original e grava um arquivo de texto no cartão SD. Então eu coloquei isso em um editor e mudei a fonte para Times Roman..... Presto! Meus O's maiúsculos pareciam O's e os zeros pareciam 0's e o 1 se tornou um I cap. DESTA vez eu escrevi aquele arquivo de texto em Meus Documentos caso eu tenha que usá-lo novamente.;)

O Parrot deveria ter usado uma fonte Serif em primeiro lugar.
Oa por favor me diz como fazer o reset estou com o mesmo problema e não sei o que fazer.

Oa por favor me diz como fazer o reset estou com o mesmo problema e não sei o que fazer.
Procedure for resetting Anafi below this will also reset WiFi password to factory default. You can then open txt file on sd card to view password. Once all is completed you will need to pair controller and calibrate drone

ANAFI drone hard reset
Hard resetting reverts ’s most recent firmware to its original state. Parrot recommends the drone hard reset as a first intent procedure for several issues, notably gimbal calibration troubles.
1. Check a compatible microSD card is inserted into ANAFI.
2. Power on (short press on the battery’s power button).
3. Wait for the gimbal to calibrate (or for the gimbal calibration to fail).
4. Press and hold the battery’s power button: after 8 seconds a battery’s LED lights up
in red.
5. Release the battery’s power button: powers off briefly then reboots.
6. Check the contents of ’s microSD card: the hard reset procedure has generated
a .TXT document named “wifi_security_key” at the root of the microSD card. This document confirms the hard reset procedure is complete and successful.

^ I'm glad Parrot finally did it that way the Bebops needed this secure mode after you reset it. It's an open network after all resets and anyone can connect and change stuff for about 5min until you change it to wpa2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave01