Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Winter Salt and Your Anafi

ParrotAnafiFan

Reaction score
Road/rock salt is all in the air, the colder it gets I can certainly taste it and my chapped lips let me know. I want to talk about road salt and its causing of problems for the components on the anafi. The anafi fan is bound to drag some into your system. If not by the fan the air may be full of it.

The salt can enter through small openings and cling to the internal components and in the motor windings. When salt has built up a layer, a drone will begin to malfunction. The more salt that builds up, the more likely it is that it will fail . Also corrosive to the electrical components.

This is similar I suppose to flyers that fly near the ocean all the time.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
Yep, exactly similar, except that the waves are always flinging salt particles into the air, aided by a normal onshore breeze and can easily get a mile inland, and road salt is only flung into the air when the traffic count is above a certain low level and only gets a few hundred yards downwind of the road and not as high. This was a huge concern to anyone that kept an aircraft in the open right near the west coast....or a car.

Moral: Don't fly near heavily traveled roads when the wind is more than a very slight breeze, or the same for the coast. However, it takes many many hours for this corrosion to occur, so the occasional flight in salt air probably won't cause problems before the drone dies of other causes. :)

Well no body is really discussing, Compressed air I suppose would work good, every other flight maybe? if flying in the winter. The salt seems to be floating in the air more when humidity is low and temperature is really cold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukejojo