Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WTB USB A Board for Skycontroller 3 - Found one thanks for all who helped.....

I assume that the USB socket has become loose on the board. If so it may be easier to either repair it yourself or get an electronics shop to repair it for you.

I assume that the USB socket has become loose on the board. If so it may be easier to either repair it yourself or get an electronics shop to repair it for you.
Yes the four pins at the back are torn off the board.... its an extra for my backup bird so its not keeping me out of the air but two is almost always better than one. I was hoping that someone here is sitting on a mountain of spare parts and had one to sell.... but I will attempt to repair this week if no-one steps up.

Do you have any advice on this particular repair? Is there anything near the pins particularly heat sensitive that I have to watch out for?...... the pins seem pretty localized and away from key components.

I have never repaired the USB port but some others here have I think. Without seeing the problem, or detailed photos, I cannot really offer any advice. You will need a fairly fine soldering iron, good eyes and a steady hand but provided that the tracks on the board are not too damaged it should be repairable. I believe that the USB board can be removed from the controller to minimise any damage to nearby components.

You could always buy a second hand controller and either pair that to your Anafi or just use it's USB board in your controller.

I have never repaired the USB port but some others here have I think. Without seeing the problem, or detailed photos, I cannot really offer any advice. You will need a fairly fine soldering iron, good eyes and a steady hand but provided that the tracks on the board are not too damaged it should be repairable. I believe that the USB board can be removed from the controller to minimise any damage to nearby components.

You could always buy a second hand controller and either pair that to your Anafi or just use it's USB board in your controller.
There is an earlier post showing the repair.... I have the board out of the controller now and am just waiting on a finer soldering iron to attempt it. It looks pretty straight forward and I will report back after.

Well.... no love for me. I soldered the pins back on the board and it still doesn't work. It works if I put the board from my other controller in it so I know the board is the problem.....

If anyone has one of these boards for a reasonable price. let me know.

Why not get a replacement controller? Since drones break more often than controllers there are extra controllers out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh