Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

WTF! BEBOP 2 CRASHES EVENTHOUGH IT THINKS IT DIDN’T

CANADABOY54

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Bebop2 pilots. Hope your all keeping well.
This is a strange one. On Nov.12 I went to the park to have a quick fly and to discharge a new battery getting it ready for storage Using Skycontroller 2.
I put the drone through its paces, doing Follow Me, Dronies, Flips, flying high, flying low in addition to several RTB’s. It flew perfectly!
With a battery at about 60%, I brought it back in via RTB. With about 12 feet in the descent left, it suddenly did a front somersault and drove straight into the ground. Props still spinning.
Cracked the central cross and smashed two props. Hit the ground so hard it dislodged the battery!!
Here’s where I can use some help from my fellow pilots.
The drone stats, show a flight of 11mins 43seconds. The flight footage shows 11mins 39sec. When you look at the footage as the flight ends, it‘s probably still around 25-30 feet high. Much higher then my 12feet observation.
When I did the flight overlay telemetry, all gauges stops at the 11min 39secs.
And finally the drone doesn’t show a crash occurred!!
Parrot Tech Support think it might be a firmware issue. Have any of you had a similar experience? Battery still shows 58%. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards to All.

I would do a hard reset on the drone, takes about 10 minutes to do it. The fact it did not sense the crash and shut the motors off is weird. Then before flying, take the propellers off and try to launch. This will verify if the motors are good. From your description, it sounds like one of the motors shut off in mid flight.

Mike

Reactions: xenubarb
Good thoughts Guy’s. So when I got home, I re inserted the battery, removed the props, downloaded the footage and reset the drone as best I good with the motor from the broken central cross sort of hanging. I’ve posted on the forum, looking for guidance complaining about how hard it is to remove these 4000mAh batteries from the drone.
Every time I first start a flying session I like to walk around the drone as it hovers looking for an out balance prop, checking for drift etc.
It’s weird not seeing, at least a motor error.The graph in Flight Data Manager shows something happened but what?
Not much I can do until I get a new Central Cross. I’m PO’d at Parrot tech support. In my opinion this is catastrophic failure! I’m tempted to roll the firmware back to factory. Thanks guy’s for your thoughts on this. Regards to all!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood