Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yaw control during Flight Plan?

kabonski

Reaction score
I think I know the answer already but figured I would ask in case I’m missing something. During a flight plan you can use the gimbal control, but is there a way to control the drones yaw while still having the drone stay on the flight plan? Similar to the Free Look option in the 3DR Solo?

If not, this would be a nice feature to add in a future update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, as soon as you move either stick the Flight Plan is paused. Now I have not experimented with yawing the drone while paused then resuming the FP. This might work for what you want to do, but it will stop moving during the pause. Perhaps you can deal with this in Post.
If you have a POI the drone will yaw to point at it as part of the FP.

Reactions: kabonski
Thanks for the info. That’s been my experience as well, that the flight stops if you use he sticks. Maybe in a future update they can give us more real time camera control during autonomous flights. This is great for following a moving object with the camera while the drone does all the flying.

Reactions: Zamzara
....Now I have not experimented with yawing the drone while paused then resuming the FP. ...

I just did this experiment today, and yes, you can pause the Flight Plan and yaw around as much as you like and then resume the FP. When I pressed the resume button the drone swiveled back to the POI and continued. Although I did not check this, I would think you could do anything you wanted in manual flight while paused and the Anafi would resume the FP when you pressed the green arrow again.

Thanks for testing that out, it’s good to know how it behaves when you pause a flight plan! I’m looking to do something different but it just seems like it’s not possible with the Anafi yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking