Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yaw Instability

Chasbro

Reaction score
Is it just me or has the yaw become unstable? The old bebop 1 was infamous for getting kicked sideways while traveling fast into a crosswind. The bebop 2 fixed that. It was never a problem with the anafi until these firmware updates. Here lately I'm getting kicked sideways a lot. Anybody else?

Does you've calibrpthe Anafi once again after upgrade. Also the SC3?
I don't know if it's necessary, but from my experience with other Flightcontroller, like APM, it could not be wrong.

Is it just me or has the yaw become unstable? The old bebop 1 was infamous for getting kicked sideways while traveling fast into a crosswind. The bebop 2 fixed that. It was never a problem with the anafi until these firmware updates. Here lately I'm getting kicked sideways a lot. Anybody else?
The Anafi gimbal can only withstand a certain strength of wind in the YAW direction. If these shocks turn the drone more, the electronic stabilization jumps one and this is seen in the video.
It would be nice to illustrate the problem with a video because that way we don’t know what he’s talking about.
And you didn't specify which firmware / software does this ...

With the previous firmware and software version, I did remark a ‘fast yaw’ rotation that I did not command with the stick on the yaw axis. When it happend, I was on a stabilized flight 10 meters from me and the Anafi was flying 2 meters above the grass. It was not ‘sideways’ as I was not moving, but only on the Yaw axis about 60° in a fraction of a second.
The wind wasn’t strong.
After 2 or 3 batteries, I only remarked this once, but was a little concerned...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73