Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zoom on Photos??? What Happened To It?

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Did we not have zoom on photos before the update? Thought we did. Maybe I am not doing something right but I have no zoom in Photo mode anymore.

Still do, but only in the "Rectangular Mode". Zoom doesn't work in the "Wide Mode" for whatever reason...

I had to unistall the App then reboot my phone (hard reboot) and then reinstall the App (Android) and now it all works perfectly.

Did we not have zoom on photos before the update? Thought we did. Maybe I am not doing something right but I have no zoom in Photo mode anymore.

On my Anafi, the zoom has become much worse than it was on the first firmware. You can still tricks zoom by switching to video mode, zoom in and switch to photo again. However, it does always work best if you are in 1080p videomode.

Seemed it is one of the points that Parrot must see and get settled as soon as possible.

Regards Leif.

Interesting. I cannot get zoom in any still photo mode now, although it works well in all video modes. Especially curious since I stated in Post #2 of this thread that I could only get zoom in the rectangular mode. Haven't done the recent 1.2.4 firmware update as yet. Hopefully that will neutralize all the Gremlins running rampant...

When you zoom in and snap the photo, it just crops the photo and saves it as a smaller jpg file with less resolution, so it's not like you are getting anything different than if you just cropped the photo afterwards.

Reactions: Kilrah
Did you do what Agustine said in Post #3!?
That I did, but no improvement. Tried to use it recently, and as I stated in post #7 it has ceased to work in any still photo mode. No changes, crashes or other anomalies.

Just accomplished the 1.2.4 FW update last night, haven't flown or checked the zoom yet. Tomorrow holds wonderful promise and opportunity!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
That I did, but no improvement. Tried to use it recently, and as I stated in post #7 it has ceased to work in any still photo mode. No changes, crashes or other anomalies.

Just accomplished the 1.2.4 FW update last night, haven't flown or checked the zoom yet. Tomorrow holds wonderful promise and opportunity!
46482632_1107166152777469_873850021659803648_n.png

Just remembered that I did the FreeFlight 6.2.1 update subsequent to my comment in post #2 above. Possibly that may have contributed to the loss of zoom in the still photo mode?

So this afternoon I have flown and carefully checked the zoom functionality since accomplishing the FW 1.2.4 update discussed in the preceding posts.

I am disappointed to report that in Still Photo function, the only mode that has a working zoom is the JPEG RECT. JPEG WIDE as well as DNG+JPEG do not seem to have zoom capability.

I experimented with all four modes (Single, Burst, Bracketing and Timer) and could only observe a functioning zoom was in the JPEG RECT setting.

Furthermore, if Lossless Zoom is selected in the Camera Preferences screen, no zoom was available in any of the Still Photo Modes.

After those results, I uninstalled the FF6 App, did a hard reboot of my phone (as suggested in post #3), re-installed FF6 and tried the entire zoom test again, but I saw no different result than from my previous test.

Hopefully Parrot will address this issue in an forthcoming update...

So this afternoon I have flown and carefully checked the zoom functionality since accomplishing the FW 1.2.4 update discussed in the preceding posts.

I am disappointed to report that in Still Photo function, the only mode that has a working zoom is the JPEG RECT. JPEG WIDE as well as DNG+JPEG do not seem to have zoom capability.

I experimented with all four modes (Single, Burst, Bracketing and Timer) and could only observe a functioning zoom was in the JPEG RECT setting.

Furthermore, if Lossless Zoom is selected in the Camera Preferences screen, no zoom was available in any of the Still Photo Modes.

After those results, I uninstalled the FF6 App, did a hard reboot of my phone (as suggested in post #3), re-installed FF6 and tried the entire zoom test again, but I saw no different result than from my previous test.

Hopefully Parrot will address this issue in an forthcoming update...

It's the same conclusion I have reached, you have obseveret. I also wish a zoom back that works in all photo and video modes.

Thank you for your report, Regards Leif.

Reactions: Naviator
Lossless zoom works on video Cinema 2.7K HDR or standard, Cinema 1080P HDR or standard.
Lossless Zoom does not work in 4K. Did before update 1.2.4
Lossless zoom in photo mode works with none.
Lossless zoom off works in JPEG RECT HDR or standard.

Zoom never worked with DNG+JPEG but it did work before in JPEG WIDE. Not sure why they removed it.

Perhaps when the new pano mode come out there will be some improvements or maybe just more problems to work out. All in all Parrot has been updating the Anafi and has a lot of features that other UAV's don't have. At the selling price I still think it is a great little UAV and it just keeps getting better.

Reactions: PatR and Dirk_ANAFI
I mean it is an advertised feature and did work on previous firmwares. I did not test on latest since I'm travelling and don't have the anafi with me.

I mentioned it because in your summary for the zoom on photos you mention it worked before but not now, but you talk of 4K lossless zoom as if it never was a feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut