Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

360 Photo in FP

Was out this morning testing more 360 options. Not sure if its my older Anafi causing the camera to lock up after a few shots of the Zenith or something else but it happened again. Still using the photos I had I was able to produce a nice 360 photo. I'm wondering if maybe instead of -90 (zenith) it should be set to -70. Or maybe set it up so it does not take so many photos at Zenith. Something to play with later I guess.

screenshot-esparus.online-2020.11.28-13_29_46.png

Reactions: abant
That does not look to bad although I can see a horizontal line in the trees where, I assume, the stitching has failed.

Ya it looks pretty good considering it was missing some photos. I have to solve to camera locking up or its just a waist of time flying to point B to get that Pano and have it lock up on us. The other problem I found was saving the final photo from my program, I was not getting a full 360x180. That was just a easy solution of changing settings but then my photo was to large for kuula to upload. LOL so with the help of Photoshop I managed to make my adjustments to make it work. Lots of screwing around but heck what else do you do during a pandemic :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure I fully understood the problem. However, if you are referring to the exact positioning of each part of the flight plan on the map, keep in mind that when inserting saved plans, the POI is the reference point. This should be kept in mind when you save a flight plan that you intend to use later as part of another plan. To solve your problem, I would recommend a sequence of actions, as in this video. Note that when creating an orbit, I use the orientation to the center, but not to the POI.
One idea: If you can find an orbit method for the perfect 360-degree panorama, you could add it on the flight plans website as an option for everyone to load.
When planning a mission, we can add this pre-planned 360 orbit to the plan at a given waypoint.

Reactions: PioSu
Playing around this afternoon with the photos from 0°, 45° and 90° in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. This produced a nice pano but it had the funnel effect that is common on 360 panos so searching Youtube I came across a program called Affinity Photo. It has a option to edit your 360 pano in equirectangular projection mode. When in this mode you can use a tool called inpainting brush tool. Works by filling in the funnel effect with more clouds or sky. I am impressed with the results. So basically we don't need the Zenith photos for a 360 pano using this method. This will also cut down on flight time.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Playing around this afternoon with the photos from 0°, 45° and 90° in PanoramaStudio 3 Pro. This produced a nice pano but it had the funnel effect that is common on 360 panos so searching Youtube I came across a program called Affinity Photo. It has a option to edit your 360 pano in equirectangular projection mode. When in this mode you can use a tool called inpainting brush tool. Works by filling in the funnel effect with more clouds or sky. I am impressed with the results. So basically we don't need the Zenith photos for a 360 pano using this method. This will also cut down on flight time.

Here is the method I use to fill in the sky. Start at 2:30 in this video:

Here is the method I use to fill in the sky. Start at 2:30 in this video:

Ya I used to use that method a few years ago but I found if you have lots of clouds it just does not match up. This works great if you have over cast skies of a perfectly blue sky.

Ya I used to use that method a few years ago but I found if you have lots of clouds it just does not match up. This works great if you have over cast skies of a perfectly blue sky.
Interesting. For me it has worked very well with or without clouds.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian