Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A walk in a forest of two parts

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Having a play with the Anafi in the Kuitpo Forest, South Australia, then the adjoining pine forest for the second part of this self-indulgently long video (5 minutes).

Captured in Cinema mode, using P-Log at ISO 100, 1/50, EV -1/3, 24 fps, with a ND 32 filter in place & then edited to my taste.

Good stuff, love the opening scenes and the song. That is one clean forest, around here it's more like a jungle.
Thanks @Mar , glad you enjoyed it. I really enjoy getting to see footage of everyone's regions they get to visit. Saves me a fortune in travel bills! :)

The area shown here was where I felt safe flying the Anafi through it, so it's pretty sparse & open here. There are much thicker areas nearby.

This was from a weekly outing with one of my Mindful Photography groups, where I get those living with mental health challenges & isolation out into nature every week, looking at the world through a viewfinder.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROBANAFI
Very nice! I never really appreciated just how much goes into making even a short 4 minute video like this until I attempted to put some content on YouTube (no where near this quality). A lot of time, talent, patience and know how require to give you a real sense of being there. Thanks!

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Very nice! I never really appreciated just how much goes into making even a short 4 minute video like this until I attempted to put some content on YouTube (no where near this quality). A lot of time, talent, patience and know how require to give you a real sense of being there. Thanks!
Thanks for the compliment! I have a lot of ideas for my next visit there, so the final video of this spot will have more variation to it, but still, hopefully, giving the viewers a sense of being there & what that is like.

I'm a photographer that normally takes 6 minute long exposures while firmly working from a tripod, so aerial cinematography & videography are all new to me, as is flying a drone. It's a steep learning curve, but very enjoyable.

Please, share some of your efforts too. I like that there is no attitude on this forum, no snobbery or judgement or expectation that everything presented here has to be of a professional grade! (y)

Do you have a Flickr/500px page for your photos? Also i know you upload to Vimeo but do you have a YT page? lastly if you don't have a YT page why do you prefer Vimeo?

thats enough questions ;P

Do you have a Flickr/500px page for your photos? Also i know you upload to Vimeo but do you have a YT page? lastly if you don't have a YT page why do you prefer Vimeo?

thats enough questions ;P
Top of the morning to you, Rob! Actually, it's bloody hot here already & we're heading for another 40 C day after a week of over 35 C days already...

I do have a Flickr page, which I'm intending to put all my "Other" types of images on, but there's nothing there right now! I have a bit of a free day tody, so might actually start it off with some landscape, macro, animal & architectural images.

My portfolio page is where I show & sell my better long exposures.

Krusty Geeza even has his own page, for urban & rural exploring of abandoned places. It's getting some new galleries added to the mix today.

I don't do social media accounts at all any more. I used to, but I just can't get past the rudeness & attitudes that people have & how they feel justified shoving that down others throats, so I closed them all about 6 weeks ago.

There is a Youtube channel, but it's not used for anything of any quality, I'm saving that for the Vimeo account. Why Vimeo as a preference over YouTube? Quality! YouTube is like Facebook, they compress the heck out of your final edits, which is perfectly fine if you're just sharing on social media, but if you are trying to show the actual results that you have created in fine quality, Vimeo doesn't lose your desired look or detail or colour, etc...

Last edited:
Top of the morning to you, Rob! Actually, it's bloody hot here already & we're heading for another 40 C day after a week of over 35 C days already...

I do have a Flickr page, which I'm intending to put all my "Other" types of images on, but there's nothing there right now! I have a bit of a free day tody, so might actually start it off with some landscape, macro, animal & architectural images.

My portfolio page is where I show & sell my better long exposures.

Krusty Geeza even has his own page, for urban & rural exploring of abandoned places. It's getting some new galleries added to the mix today.

I don't do social media accounts at all any more. I used to, but I just can't get past the rudeness & attitudes that people have & how they feel justified shoving that down others throats, so I closed them all about 6 weeks ago.

There is a Youtube channel, but it's not used for anything of any quality, I'm saving that for the Vimeo account. Why Vimeo as a preference over YouTube? Quality! YouTube is like Facebook, they compress the heck out of your final edits, which is perfectly fine if you're just sharing on social media, but if you are trying to show the actual results that you have created in fine quality, Vimeo doesn't lose your desired look or detail or colour, etc...

Good afternoon as they say in England! I've had a nice Monday off work, few photos this morning and now i've got a slab of belly pork slow cooking for 4hrs :)

I'll have a look through your Flickr photos(i seen you did a BIG upload). I really like your long exposure photos, i really need to get myself a decent tripod rather than the £60 travel Manfrotto! I'll have to have a look into getting myself a Vimeo account because at the end of the day i'm not a vlogger i just want somewhere to host high quality videos.

Great video, Krusty.
It shows that you have had a lot of experience as a photographer.
I also prefer Vimeo over YouTube. What I like most about Vimeo in addition to the quality is:
  1. No distracting adverts breaking in.
  2. The ability to exchange an uploaded video for a better version (after tweaking etc.), while keeping the same url and all the comments and statistics as the first uploaded version.
Regards
Douglas

Good afternoon as they say in England! I've had a nice Monday off work, few photos this morning and now i've got a slab of belly pork slow cooking for 4hrs :)

I'll have a look through your Flickr photos(i seen you did a BIG upload). I really like your long exposure photos, i really need to get myself a decent tripod rather than the £60 travel Manfrotto! I'll have to have a look into getting myself a Vimeo account because at the end of the day i'm not a vlogger i just want somewhere to host high quality videos.
Hope you enjoyed your day off Rob & the slow cooked pork belly!

I'll add more on the Flickr account & more galleries on Krustie's site as soon as I can, I'm so far behind with them it's not funny. :rolleyes:

Travel tripod's have their place & advantages, don't toss it when you do upgrade to a sturdier one. Benro have some great carbon fibre ones for a good price, they even have a great engineered 3 way geared head that's available for a song as compared to the Manfrotto, which is what I have. I got to have a play with it a couple of weeks ago & it's just as good as the Manfrotto geared head, but about 1/3 of the price!

Great video, Krusty.
It shows that you have had a lot of experience as a photographer.
I also prefer Vimeo over YouTube. What I like most about Vimeo in addition to the quality is:
  1. No distracting adverts breaking in.
  2. The ability to exchange an uploaded video for a better version (after tweaking etc.), while keeping the same url and all the comments and statistics as the first uploaded version.
Regards
Douglas
Thank you so much Douglas. I didn't know about the ability to switch out vido's, thanks for sharing that tip! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut