Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Altimeter

eckydrone200

Reaction score
At long last I got the drone in the air yesterday and again today. All seems good as far as the controller and batteries are concerned, howeverI noticed today when ascending I get altitude readout to approx 20-22 metres then after that I only get the first 2 or 3 so 25 metres is registered as 2 then spaces likewise 3 then spaces. I was a bit wary of pushing it up any higher in case there was a connection issue. Be interested to know if anyone has encountered this as I'm hoping a reset or similar will cure it.

Congrats on finally getting in the air.
I know you've had some issues with parts.

Thanks for that Scott. Yeah, had a bit of a long haul getting to this point and just happy that all seems to be working well. Hopefully the altimeter issue will be easily solved, It is an easy drone to fly though and not too big, it was also quite breezy yesterday when I had it up but the video & photos were still ok which says a lot for the image stabilisation.

Did you calibrate before flying....should be done before every take off....getting different readings or no readings in altitude/distance is usually related to gps issues like not calibrated drone or low gps sattelite count...lowest count is i think 6 or 7 sattelites,thats where you get weird readouts in freeflight pro...make sure you fly in area without any obstacles...i like to use my house as the example,its located halfway up on the hill,i dont get any gps reading below 15 meters of altitude and readings when transitioning from none to some signals are similar to what you mentioned in your post

Yeah, I did calibrate before flying, I was at the side of a building approx 30 feet high though and a hill in front of me and thought that may be the issue so I went to a pier that had nothing around it except for a fishing boat and same again. Not a major problem but I feel it needs to be fairly reliable on the readout, distance always had full value but having said that I never went beyond approx 15 metres.

Need clear sky and no bstacles for good gps signal also get app like Magnetology ,you can see in app when your gps signal might be affected by magnetic storms(fly only when is green)

Attachments

• DDF62CEF-90EA-42B5-9E77-A4C03231783E.png
    DDF62CEF-90EA-42B5-9E77-A4C03231783E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Need clear sky and no bstacles for good gps signal also get app like Magnetology ,you can see in app when your gps signal might be affected by magnetic storms(fly only when is green)
Thanks for that info Skydreamer. I will look at that app, quite a bit to be aware of when it comes to GPS I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame